14/10/2024 7:40 pm  #1

Voice of Rudolph

Who does the voice of Rudolph on Bing's "Rudolf the Red- Nosed Reindeer"? I know it is a woman, I am just curious and want to know.

14/10/2024 8:15 pm  #2

Re: Voice of Rudolph

It was Jud Conlan's Rhythmaires on the recording so I believe it was his female vocalist at the time Louise Jean Norman if I am correct. I'll have to listen to the recording again. It's been a long time since I listened to it.

14/10/2024 8:19 pm  #3

14/10/2024 11:00 pm  #4

Thanks David! Poor Rudolph. Lol! He sounds like he was wearing tight shorts that day. 😁

Yesterday 10:41 am  #5

Reportedly Bing turned down the song in 1949 the year Gene Autry recorded it then decided to record it in 1950, ironically Gene Autry's  version was not released in the UK until 1950 around the same time  that Bing's version was released so they  both would have charted with the song had their been a record chart in the UK in 1950 personally i can't stand the song though i like Gene Autry's singing as well as Bing's.

Yesterday 11:23 am  #6

STEPO wrote:

Reportedly Bing turned down the song in 1949 the year Gene Autry recorded it then decided to record it in 1950, ironically Gene Autry's  version was not released in the UK until 1950 around the same time  that Bing's version was released so they  both would have charted with the song had their been a record chart in the UK in 1950 personally i can't stand the song though i like Gene Autry's singing as well as Bing's.

I'm with you. I grew up on the cartoon, but I am not a fan of the song. Probably my favorite version I've heard is Dean Martin's version.

Yesterday 3:08 pm  #7

Stepo and David, thanks for all the info! I like the song but hate the voice of Rudolph.

Board footera