14/4/2023 12:35 pm  #1

Phil Crosby Jr Interview

Here is a great recent interview that Bing's grandson Phil Crosby Jr gave. It's very interesting even though the host/interviewer is annoying:

25/4/2023 5:28 am  #2

Re: Phil Crosby Jr Interview

Thanks David. It is an interesting interview. Phil's interviewer said 'Mostly everybody know the name Bing Crosby'. A couple of decades ago when I was researching for my book on Bing I asked a young friend if he knew of Bing Crosby and his response was 'Yes, Bill Cosby'. (That's when we Aussies were watching Cosby on TV.)  Nowadays, when the occasion arises I ask a young adult if they've heard of Bing Crosby and their answer is positive  but they can't say why.

25/4/2023 7:53 am  #3

Thanks David. It's an interesting interview; Phil Crosby has something to say. Which could help towards enlightening the youngsters Graham Pascoe spoke with! ;-)

02/5/2023 2:16 am  #4

A few years back I wrote to Phil when I was getting thyroid surgery. He sent me an autographed photo. And when I told him I am a big Odd Couple Fan and asked him how Jack was doing after his throat surgery.  He told his step father Jack Klugman that I am a big fan of his and I was about to have throat surgery and Jack autographed a photo with encouraging words on it and Phil sent it to me! Thanks, Phil and Jack! Two Great Guys! Graham, back in the 90s, I was in the city(NYC). I went in a record shop asking where are the Bing Crosby Cds. The sales person said, "You mean Bill Cosby!" I said, "No! Bing Crosby!" He insisted I was wrong. I told him in my Brooklyn accent " Forgettaboutit!".😂😂

05/5/2023 10:33 am  #5

Similar Blonde56 experience I had in L.A. In a shop saying that can get autographed photos of any of the stars. I had a feeling they probably signed them themselves. They also said you mean Bill Cosby. This was in the late 1990’s.
And Bing with 3 Hollywood footpath stars.

16/5/2023 2:52 am  #6

Wow! Ron, I can't believe it! People must of lived in a closet all their life!

16/5/2023 2:01 pm  #7

Blonde56 wrote:

Wow! Ron, I can't believe it! People must of lived in a closet all their life!

Unfortunately, most people under 40 do not know who Bing Crosby is. If they do, they know him from singing Christmas songs and not his remarkable career as a superstar in the 1930s and 1940s.

17/5/2023 2:19 am  #8

David, my incident happen back in the 90s and the guy was a little younger than me at the time. So say I was 30. He might have been 25. So now he would be 53. And he worked in a record store!

Board footera