New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline

I recently dug out my recording of "Blue Skies". Bing turned this more upbeat song into a beautiful ballad. My source I heard was from my first Bing Crosby CD - "Bing Sings Again" on the MCA label. It came out in 1986. Now 37 years later it still sounds amazing. The engineer is Steve Hoffman, who has done some beautiful restoration for the years. It's an amazing recording from an amazing CD...
Offline
Beautiful! So smooth and peaceful! ![]()
Offline

Blonde56 wrote:
Beautiful! So smooth and peaceful!
Bing sounded so perfect in 1946.
Offline
I agree. Bing's 1946 Decca recording revival of the 1920s classic, more so re-defined it with (his) own style. While intending to promote his contemporary film of the same name, it's this Decca recording that lingers.