03/11/2022 4:35 pm  #1

2022 Bing Crosby Film Festival

If you are in Spokane around December 9th, the Bing Crosby festival is back! Looks like fun...

https://bingfan03.blogspot.com/2022/11/2022-bing-crosby-film-festival.html

Last edited by Lobosco (03/11/2022 4:35 pm)

04/11/2022 6:18 am  #2

Re: 2022 Bing Crosby Film Festival

What a beaut program but I'm not able to go. My only visit to Spokane was in 1983 when I attended The Bing Crosby Historical Society's tribute to Bing.

04/11/2022 11:53 am  #3

Graham Pascoe wrote:

What a beaut program but I'm not able to go. My only visit to Spokane was in 1983 when I attended The Bing Crosby Historical Society's tribute to Bing.

That was before I was involved in the club, but the Bing Crosby Historical Society - and Ken Twiss. Those were the days!

04/11/2022 12:27 pm  #4

Archiefit wrote:

You know, this program sounds really very good.  Sing You Sinners is even one of my favorite non-holiday Bing movies next to Welcome Stranger.   All real Bing movies of quality, I wonder what size screen they'll be shown on.  Very nice and thought out program. 

Now, who was Ted Crosby?  I've heard Bing mention Brother Bob & Everett but I don't believe he's ever talked about Brother Ted.  Bob was the youngest, Everett the oldest, Bing in the middle, where did Ted come in?

Ted was a couple years older than Bing. I don't think he was involved in Bing Crosby Enrterprises persay, but he wrote one of the first books about Bing in the 1940s. Hedied of a heart attack in 1973 at the age of 73. I believe he stayed in Spokane most of his life. He's buried in Spokane as well.

05/11/2022 6:36 am  #5

Howard Crosby is a son of Ted’s from his second marriage.
Have had dealings with Howard and he lives in Walla Walla, Washington State.
He often does presentations of Bing and can sing a few notes as well.
He does presentations in Spokane now and again.

06/11/2022 7:11 am  #6

Was it Howard who made a documentary on Bing, which was a number of years in the making? 
Or was this another male relative? I can't recall its title but I do seem to remember seeing its trailer a while back and noting that it hadn't been issued on DVD at the time. I remember Bobs Hope and Crosby briefly speaking on the same trailer.
I wonder if this production (sorry to be so vague about the details) would be deemed festival worthy? 

07/11/2022 7:38 am  #7

No, it was Chris Crosby, one of Bob Crosby's sons.

07/11/2022 10:40 am  #8

Just in regards to the question about what the screen size might be for the films at the festival, I'm sure it would be a normal cinema size. I've yet to go to Spokane but from what I've heard the Bing Crosby theater was originally built in 1914 as an 800-seat movie theater called Clemmer Theater and Bing and Al Rinker performed there many times before they set off on their trip to Los Angeles in 1925. I would love to be there for the festival but family commitments will keep me here in Sydney. Hopefully there will be photos and a full report in the next Bing magazine. 

Last edited by dgmprod (07/11/2022 11:02 am)

Board footera