27/10/2022 8:07 pm  #1

The Night is Young and You're so Beautiful...

I was really listening to "Feels Good, Feels Right" and really enjoy Bing singing "The Night is Young and You're so Beautiful" and I wondered if Bing had ever recorded it earlier in his career. 

Well, if he did, I didn't find it, but I did find that I have 3 versions of Bing singing it, one from 1951 that he sang on radio, the version from 1976 on "Feels Good, Feels Right" and lastly a version he recorded just before his death that is included as a bonus on the Seasons: The Closing Chapter CD. 

All three versions are really quite good, the version he sang on radio in 1951 is the shortest, but with a very nice arrangement and Bing sings it with that effortless smoothness defines so much of his work from that period. 

The version on "Feels Good, Feels Right" is an older Bing but a lovely arrangement and Bing sings this with great charm, but I really find myself replaying the version on Seasons, recorded just 3 days before his death, Bing's voice sounds stronger to me here than on the 76 version, the music slightly more up tempo. 

One song, 3 performances over the the span of just over 25 years and though his voice may have changed, deepened, maybe aged, he still could just flat out SING. 

04/11/2022 7:10 am  #2

Re: The Night is Young and You're so Beautiful...

I love the song. It's on my copies of the Feels Good Feels Right and The Final Chapter LPs but not on my Seasons LP.

04/11/2022 11:54 am  #3

Graham Pascoe wrote:

I love the song. It's on my copies of the Feels Good Feels Right and The Final Chapter LPs but not on my Seasons LP.

I believe they added it to the CD reissue of "Seasons" but it is not from the original "Seasons" LP. It's a bonus track.

04/11/2022 6:19 pm  #4

Lobosco wrote:

Graham Pascoe wrote:

I believe they added it to the CD reissue of "Seasons" but it is not from the original "Seasons" LP. It's a bonus track.

Yes, it's a bonus on the CD reissue - but easy enough to find on YouTube - 

Board footera