06/10/2022 12:18 pm  #1

Sleigh Ride In July

This great 1944 song has been stuck in my head. Bing's voice was so perfect on it. Hopefully the song is stuck in your head now!

21/10/2022 6:03 am  #2

Re: Sleigh Ride In July

Thanks David. it's not a song I'd listen to without your prompting but Bing was in good voice. The Aussie Decca with the song, backed by 'Someone in love', was released in January 1956 (mid-summer) and sold moderately well.

21/10/2022 11:54 am  #3

A lovely sentiment with Bing's voice at its gentle peak. A beautiful orchestration, too.
Post "White Christmas", do you know, David if this song was especially written for Bing? 

21/10/2022 1:33 pm  #4

Ian Kerstein wrote:

A lovely sentiment with Bing's voice at its gentle peak. A beautiful orchestration, too.
Post "White Christmas", do you know, David if this song was especially written for Bing? 

Hi Ian,

Good question, but know it was not written for Bing. It was written for Dinah Shore to sing in the movie "Belle Of The Yukon". The song is more remembered than the movie. I believe Dinah had the biggest hit, but not sure. In addition to Bing, the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra and the Les Brown Orchestra also recorded it.

Board footera