19/9/2022 4:31 pm  #1

High Society

I had a lot of fun watching 1956's High Society again. I've seen this movie probably two dozen times, but it is nearly perfect in my opinion. It's one of those few movies when ALL of the songs were top notch and memorable in my opinion.

19/9/2022 5:11 pm  #2

Re: High Society

That is one of those great movies I don't see nearly often enough.  I'll bet it's been more that 15 years since the last time.  I really do have to get to it again.  Everything about that movie is perfect.

19/9/2022 5:51 pm  #3

Archiefit wrote:

That is one of those great movies I don't see nearly often enough.  I'll bet it's been more that 15 years since the last time.  I really do have to get to it again.  Everything about that movie is perfect.

We named our daughter (well I picked the name) after Grace Kelly's character and the song "I Love You Samantha"

21/9/2022 10:33 pm  #4

I agree it’s a wonderful film and it works so much better as a musical compared to the play and original film The Philadelphia Story from 1940. Now we need this to finally be released on blu ray! I wonder why the hold up?

22/9/2022 2:18 am  #5

dgmprod wrote:

I agree it’s a wonderful film and it works so much better as a musical compared to the play and original film The Philadelphia Story from 1940. Now we need this to finally be released on blu ray! I wonder why the hold up?

I agree. It's a film that deserves the blu ray treatment!

Board footera