13/10/2021 11:20 pm  #1

This Board - The Future

David Lobosco has graciously agreed to take over the Administration of this board. 

I am very grateful to him as I have been unable to devote time to it in the recent past.
I am sure that David will bring energy and vigour to the task that I fear I have lacked for some months.

I wish him very well and ask that all subscribers will give him whatever support they can.

Recent news suggests that this is a time when new things could emerge from "Official" sources and I hope that news might begin to flow again both as a result of this and some of the ideas that David has for the future of this board.
I am sure I will return from time to time as a contributor, but now I leave matters in the hands of David as the Administrator and Moderator.  

Richard Baker

Crosby fans are our favourite people!

14/10/2021 5:48 am  #2

Re: This Board - The Future

Thanks for all you have done, Richard. It is really appreciated.

14/10/2021 11:46 am  #3

This board is Richard's legacy to the Bing Crosby community, and I am honored that he asked me to take over. You will not notice much different with the board itself - because why mess with success? However, I do hope to to stir on some good conversations.

If you have any suggestions or comments, please let me know. Thanks so much!

14/10/2021 1:19 pm  #4

Bless you, Richard for your decades of unending love of all things Bing. You kept this site afloat during some very "dark" years and it was the place to come to to share and enjoy the "rebirth" while it lasted. As all of us here, I look forward to seeing what the results are from the recent announcement. I wish you all the best as you look to the future. 

P.S. You could not have left the Admin position in the hands of a more dedicated Crosby person. I know David will continue to grow your legacy here on the board!   

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

14/10/2021 2:54 pm  #5

paulmock wrote:

Bless you, Richard for your decades of unending love of all things Bing. You kept this site afloat during some very "dark" years and it was the place to come to to share and enjoy the "rebirth" while it lasted. As all of us here, I look forward to seeing what the results are from the recent announcement. I wish you all the best as you look to the future. 

P.S. You could not have left the Admin position in the hands of a more dedicated Crosby person. I know David will continue to grow your legacy here on the board!   

Thanks for the kind words. My goal is to just get the conversation started and to not mess up a good thing like this forum!

14/10/2021 9:15 pm  #6

Yes, I believe this board has lasted all these years since internet boards first became a thing.   I first posted on Steven Lewis' Bing board, I was really sorry when that was forced to close by forces I won't get into again.  Then David & I used to post on the next board that I believe he either created or helped out on it was a Google "Free Speech" board and that was a great place but once again free speech was closed down when that board was shut down by our freedom loving friends at Google.   But thru all those times I believe this board existed, I used to read here often but then a couple years ago I finally logged in.  

I'm glad to be here too and I also offer my congratulations to Richard for being a stalwart faithful friend to Bing's memory and to upkeeping this board thru good times and bad.  

15/10/2021 12:00 am  #7

Archiefit wrote:

Yes, I believe this board has lasted all these years since internet boards first became a thing.   I first posted on Steven Lewis' Bing board, I was really sorry when that was forced to close by forces I won't get into again.  Then David & I used to post on the next board that I believe he either created or helped out on it was a Google "Free Speech" board and that was a great place but once again free speech was closed down when that board was shut down by our freedom loving friends at Google.   But thru all those times I believe this board existed, I used to read here often but then a couple years ago I finally logged in.  

I'm glad to be here too and I also offer my congratulations to Richard for being a stalwart faithful friend to Bing's memory and to upkeeping this board thru good times and bad.  

Well said!

15/10/2021 7:31 am  #8

I can only echo everyone's thanks to Richard for all his efforts on our behalf over the years, and to David for ensuring the ongoing existence of the forum. Although I check the board at least once a day, I have to admit that I don't actually log in very often and have been shamefully lax in making contributions. I'll try to do better in future..!

16/10/2021 3:40 am  #9

Like Jeremy said, I can only restate everyone's thoughts here. Thank you Richard, you were a shining light in my earl days of getting into Bing, and will never forget you for the help you gave me. I think David will do great running this forum, he's already been posting and getting the conversation started here. It'll be nice to see this active after the loss of a mostly active forum earlier this year with the Sinatra family forum, and with Bing not really being the most popular subject on other music forums.

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

Board footera