25/8/2019 8:03 pm  #1


Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

What Bing recordings have been in your head lately? I have two recordings that I can't get out of my head. 

Hey. it's better than voices in my head!



 

 

25/8/2019 8:05 pm  #2


Re: Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

Another song I can't stop humming!


     Thread Starter
 

26/8/2019 8:24 am  #3


Re: Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

Hi David,
Although I do not comment very often, I would like you to know I appreciate your postings very much!

 

26/8/2019 12:05 pm  #4


Re: Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

frans wrote:

Hi David,
Although I do not comment very often, I would like you to know I appreciate your postings very much!

Thanks! I'm always thinking about Bing!
 

     Thread Starter
 

26/8/2019 10:09 pm  #5


Re: Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

Hi David

I’m not computer-savvy enough to post links to the songs themselves, but two that have been buzzing around in my head from “Out Of Nowhere” over the past few days are, “On The Acheson, Topeka and the Santa Fe” and “My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time”.

PS I haven’t forgotten about the Spokanes. Bear with me..!

 

27/8/2019 3:24 am  #6


Re: Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

Here's a real "new" discovery for me that I feel I just heard for the first time (though I know I must have heard it in years back).   My favorite new Bing song is called "I'm Waiting For Ships That Never Come In".  It's found on the Jonzo Chronological Vol. 27, songs of 1940.   WOW, what a song and I feel like I just discovered it.  It's now added to my computer's Media Player to play whenever it's randomly chosen.   Can't wait for the surprise appearance, which is what I like about Media Player, it's like having your own radio station that plays all your favorite music.

Now I wish I could "post" a song here too, be nice if it were possible to attach an MP3 of a song here rather than having to join Facebook and figure out that system, which I haven't a clue.  

 

27/8/2019 5:07 pm  #7


Re: Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

jeremyrose wrote:

Hi David

I’m not computer-savvy enough to post links to the songs themselves, but two that have been buzzing around in my head from “Out Of Nowhere” over the past few days are, “On The Acheson, Topeka and the Santa Fe” and “My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time”.

PS I haven’t forgotten about the Spokanes. Bear with me..!

What Spokanes? LOL
 

     Thread Starter
 

27/8/2019 5:08 pm  #8


Re: Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

Archiefit wrote:

Here's a real "new" discovery for me that I feel I just heard for the first time (though I know I must have heard it in years back).   My favorite new Bing song is called "I'm Waiting For Ships That Never Come In".  It's found on the Jonzo Chronological Vol. 27, songs of 1940.   WOW, what a song and I feel like I just discovered it.  It's now added to my computer's Media Player to play whenever it's randomly chosen.   Can't wait for the surprise appearance, which is what I like about Media Player, it's like having your own radio station that plays all your favorite music.

Now I wish I could "post" a song here too, be nice if it were possible to attach an MP3 of a song here rather than having to join Facebook and figure out that system, which I haven't a clue.  

I know that song but I may need to rediscover it too. I use You Tube. I post a recording to my page and then I upload here. Let me know if you want me to upload that number.
 

     Thread Starter
 

27/8/2019 11:08 pm  #9


Re: Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

Archiefit wrote:

Here's a real "new" discovery for me that I feel I just heard for the first time (though I know I must have heard it in years back).   My favorite new Bing song is called "I'm Waiting For Ships That Never Come In".  It's found on the Jonzo Chronological Vol. 27, songs of 1940.   WOW, what a song and I feel like I just discovered it.  It's now added to my computer's Media Player to play whenever it's randomly chosen.   Can't wait for the surprise appearance, which is what I like about Media Player, it's like having your own radio station that plays all your favorite music.

Now I wish I could "post" a song here too, be nice if it were possible to attach an MP3 of a song here rather than having to join Facebook and figure out that system, which I haven't a clue.  

Lee, you son of a - 
Now the recording is in my head!




 

     Thread Starter
 

27/8/2019 11:18 pm  #10


Re: Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

Wow, I was just here and your posting of my new favorite Bing song wasn't here.   But I come back a minute later and wa-la, thanks so much for posting it so everyone can enjoy.   Doesn't it sound so sincere?   One thing I like about olden songs like this, they always sound in earnest and done without embarrassment or self consciousness.   Songs like this are never recorded today or anytime since the '50's.  

Yes, sorry, I meant to say You Tube, I don't know how to post things on You Tube is what I meant.    I'm glad I'm not on Facebook though, even if I knew how.

 

28/8/2019 2:24 am  #11


Re: Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

Archiefit wrote:

Wow, I was just here and your posting of my new favorite Bing song wasn't here.   But I come back a minute later and wa-la, thanks so much for posting it so everyone can enjoy.   Doesn't it sound so sincere?   One thing I like about olden songs like this, they always sound in earnest and done without embarrassment or self consciousness.   Songs like this are never recorded today or anytime since the '50's.  

Yes, sorry, I meant to say You Tube, I don't know how to post things on You Tube is what I meant.    I'm glad I'm not on Facebook though, even if I knew how.

That's funny. Great minds!

I have a facebook profile but have had a lot of trouble with facebook. I keep it to get news about the kids' schools, etc. 

I really enjoy this song. I have been neglecting recordings from 1940/1941. Some great discs he put out like the song you picked that is in my mind now as I get ready to go to bed!
 

     Thread Starter
 

28/8/2019 12:35 pm  #12


Re: Bing Crosby Records Stuck In Your Head

Okay Lee - it's morning and the song is still stuck in my head!

     Thread Starter
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum

Spread the word about CROSBY FAN WORLD http://crosbyfanworld.boardhost.com