New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October of 2027!
Offline
Another one from our era has passed on. Doris was quite the girl.
I went to YouTube and put in Bing Crosby and Doris Day.
An answer popped up with a duet of them doing ‘Baby it’s cold outside’.
However, to these old ears the bloke doesn’t sound like Bing.
Sort of know the Boise but just can’t tag it.
RIP Calamity Jane - aka Doris Day
Offline

The track on Youtube claiming to be of Bing and Doris is certainly not of Bing. It sounds like Johnny Mercer to me. Voice and minor mannerisms are all wrong for Bing.
Offline
It's Margaret Whiting & Johnny Mercer.
Offline

I've been trying to get that corrected for years now. It is Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting - they sound nothing like Bing and Doris Day.
I don't believe Bing and Doris Day ever sang together.
Offline
I typed voice and Boise popped up - just noticed that.
I hate these machines that think they know better.
Certainly quite a mixup on YouTube
Offline

While Doris Day is not my favorite singer, I posted a tribute video to her. I thought she was a great actress. One of my favorite musicals growing up was Love Me Or Leave Me with Jimmy Cagney. It was a "bio" of Ruth Etting...
Offline
Lobosco,
Nice one.