New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline
I was recently searching YouTube and came across a show Julie Andrews did in 1978 at Momarkedet in Mysen, where Bing appeared the year before. According to the information given below the video, there seems to be a link between the two concerts I wasn't aware of:
"Julie Andrews concert from Momarkedet, Mysen, Norway, 26 August 1978 - in support of the Red Cross.
Bing Crosby had been there the previous year, and he had asked Julie to do a concert there in support of the Red Cross."
Trivial, but nonetheless interesting, I think. Bing must have liked the venue, otherwise he wouldn't have recommended it, don't you think?
You can find it here:
Last edited by frans (24/1/2018 10:14 am)