30/1/2011 12:28 am  #1

Making a Sleepy Hollow re-edit

Hello all. I am currently starting work on a re-edit of the 1949 disney film "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad", in an attempt to create a stand alone version of the "Sleepy Hollow" portion of the film. I will be utilizing the 1958 openeing credits created by Disney when they seperated the 2 shorts and started issuing them independantly from eachother, using the entire opening sequence of library shots from both shorts (removing any of the introductory narration for "Wind in the Willows" of course) to create a nice intro for the film, creating a new audio introductory narration by Bing Crosby (since the original one makes refference to the "Wind in the Willows" short that precedes it) pieced together from Halloween radio shows he did and the original intro for the film, fixing a few animation errors in the film itself, restoring original coloring to scenes where color changes were made when the film was put on DVD, and creating a new end plate for the film that reflects the 1958 opening credit style rather than the 1949 one. I will be making a full DVD with extra features and releasing it for free on the internet when the project is completed (hopefully in time for Halloween this year).

However, there are certain things I lack to complete this project. 1. The original recording Bing made of the introductory narration for the film (sans background music), 2. Any recordings of Bing making refference to Halloween or other spooky ghostly things that anyone might be able to think of, 3. A better copy of the Disney made animated documentary of Washington Irving (the only one floating around the internet has VHS damage and is of poor quality)

I would greatly appreciate anyone who might have a lead on any of these things dropping me a line here to let me know. Thanks and have yourselves an excellent day.

Last edited by muddyknees (30/1/2011 12:48 am)

Board footera