21/4/2023 4:38 pm  #1

John Lennon/ Bing Crosby

I belong to a Beatles fansite. I mentioned how John Lennon had a jukebox filled with Bing records and that he mentioned "Please Please Me" by Beatles was a nod to  "Please" by Bing. Many were excited to hear this. One guy who traveled with Beatles didn't believe it. He went and asked John's friends from Liverpool if it was true. He got back to me today. He said they all said it was true!

21/4/2023 6:13 pm  #2

Re: John Lennon/ Bing Crosby

Blonde56 wrote:

I belong to a Beatles fansite. I mentioned how John Lennon had a jukebox filled with Bing records and that he mentioned "Please Please Me" by Beatles was a nod to "Please" by Bing. Many were excited to hear this. One guy who traveled with Beatles didn't believe it. He went and asked John's friends from Liverpool if it was true. He got back to me today. He said they all said it was true!

John and Paul McCartney both had an admiration for Bing and his contemporaries. Bing had an appreciation for The Beatles as well. All of them were geniuses!

22/4/2023 12:08 am  #3

Re: John Lennon/ Bing Crosby

Yes, David, I mentioned all that to them. But imagine John' s friends backed up the story!

Board footera