22/10/2020 5:12 pm  #1

Winter Wonderland Animated Music Video to Premiere Tomorrow

Last year Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin got animated music videos of their most played/famous (at least as it seems to me) Christmas songs, and this year Bing is getting one of Winter Wonderland.

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

22/10/2020 5:13 pm  #2

Re: Winter Wonderland Animated Music Video to Premiere Tomorrow

Frank's from last year;

22/10/2020 5:14 pm  #3

Dean's from last year;

22/10/2020 11:08 pm  #4

Frank got a new one this year, maybe from the same artist, could this become a yearly thing?

23/10/2020 1:59 am  #5

Only some time ago I wanted to write the same thing, ModernBingFan0377!
I think that it is the most wonderful news for near future! Maybe, really they will make animated music videos for our favourite singers, for unforgettable legends.
I hope that Bing will have more videos like that. ( Can't wait! I want watch Winter Wonderland very much!)
Als I want to say, that not only Frank and Dean already got animated music videos, but also Ella Fitzgerald (Frosty the Snowman was released 16.10.2020)

Will see!

23/10/2020 2:18 am  #6

But also there were some other videos like these, for example for Brenda Lee (Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree), released in 2019, Nat King Cole (Christmas Song) in 2018 and Chuck Berry (Run Rudolph Run), released 16.10.2020.

23/10/2020 7:45 pm  #7

Archiefit wrote:

Wow! I hadn't seen any of these.  And there were others, Brenda Lee and Nat King Cole?  Where have I been?   Those 2 are on You Tube as well, I assume.  Wouldn't it be great to see a full length Bing cartoon?  

I wish he had done one of those Rankin/Bass Christmas Specials as the narrator like Burl Ives, Fred Astaire, Danny Kaye, and Jimmy Durante. I was quite happy with Bing's Winter Wonderland video, it actually told a story through the animation.

24/10/2020 1:33 am  #8

I think that Bing's Winter wonderland video is wonderful!
We need more videos with him like this!)))
But I have one question: "Where is his pipe?!" (Who ate it?!), yes Mr. Crosby didn't always take the pipe with him, but it is an important atribute!
That's what moderm society does to change the past for young generations, because "smoking never helps people, and it is harmful to their health", so the many people from the past won't smoke (although they really did), the better! (Watch Sinatra's, Dean's and Bing's videos again.) But if it is only a mistake, I think, the autor may be forgiven.))))
Also, I agree with you, Archiefit, it would be great to see full length Bing cartoon! (But I hope,  that as Nataniel said, there will sometimes be a movie about Mr. Crosby, or TV series about him, like Netflix's The Crown, about United Kingdom's royal family.)
And, ModernBingFan0377, I think that it would be nice, If they will do videos for Perry Como, Danny Kaye, Fred Astaire (but I'm not sure that he had ever sang any Christmas songs), Maurice Chevalier and for Rosemary Clooney. Maybe they will even make cartoon wersion of Count Your Blessings ...
Also I found it interesting, that in Winter Wonderland video Bing have another family and only one child! Why not Dixie or Kathryn and where are their fthree or four (or all seven children)?
Ok, I won't ask, apparently, they are at the same place in the video, as Bing's pipe.))))

24/10/2020 9:50 pm  #9

Don’t forget that Bing didn’t smoke in his later years. As he said - it just didn’t seem the same anymore.

25/10/2020 1:46 am  #10

I can understand that, Mr. Field, but the song "Winter Wonderland" is written in 1934 and Bing sang it in 1962, so I think that having a pipe was for him, that time, impossible.
There are some photos where he smokes his pipe, dated 1962, so it could be shown in the video.

25/10/2020 7:25 am  #11

These days, promotion of smoking maybe not such a good idea.

29/10/2020 4:03 pm  #12

Tomorrow at noon US EST time Bing gets White Christmas.

29/10/2020 10:30 pm  #13

Looking at the YouTube copyright for the one it looks like it could very possibly the 1947 version.

30/10/2020 1:19 am  #14

Wow! Wow! Wow!
Christmas is really coming earlier this year!
That's very strange that they made another video for Bing, and cartoon is made by another artist, but I like it!
I like it very much!
We're getting presents now!
I hope that it will be a tradition and next year we'll have more!
That's simply amazing!

30/10/2020 1:27 am  #15

I think, that one of the best variants will be, if they use 1942's White Christmas (from "Holliday Inn" movie), becaue it's one of the first versions. Before that Bing performed this song on his NBC radio show The Craft Music Hall on Christmas day, 1941, but 1947's or 1955's White Christmas will be alright, too.

30/10/2020 1:39 am  #16

I doubt they’ll use the 1955 version as they haven’t officially released at all, or if they have it hasn’t been since the 90s. The 1942 they very well could use, but I believe they’ll use the 1947 for the better sound quality and the pure iconic-ness that version has gained on the radio.

30/10/2020 1:52 am  #17

Ok, I really won't mind using any of Bing's versions/
And I want to say, that Sinatra will have another video the same time as Mr.Crosby.

30/10/2020 2:17 am  #18

I saw that as well, although I fear they’re using the 1957 version whereas the ‘54 or ‘68 versions of The Christmas Waltz, in my opinion, are much better.

30/10/2020 4:14 pm  #19

Wow. Just wow. The new White Christmas video fits the song perfectly. It shows both moods of the songs, whether happy, or very melancholy. It shows why this song meant so much to soldiers in WWII and beyond. I thought the last one was good but this blows it out of the water.

31/10/2020 1:18 am  #20

I like this White Christmas video very much!
It reminds us about WWII and how much Bing's songs meant for people, so I agree the story is quite melancholy, but happy too.
Also, I think that there was very few Bing moments in the video and it is, kind of sad for me. I wan't talk about pipe again, but the problem is the same.
So it's very interesting and good, but in my opinion Winter Wonderland video is better, (I, personally, like it more).
Will wait for other videos!

31/10/2020 2:04 am  #21

I find the absence of the pipe actually disappointing in this one, as the song was recorded when he was very much known for using it. I'm fine with him not smoking, although it would've been nice in his hand at the end. I find that I prefer less Bing for a song like this, as it tells more of a story which fits this song. Bing being more present in Winter Wonderland makes a lot more sense. I love how Bing would 'radiate' through the air a couple time with the soldier listening to the radio and when he whistles.

01/11/2020 5:32 am  #22

Completely agree with last two posts!
White Christmas video is too depressing and sad ...

13/11/2020 7:57 pm  #23

Does anyone know who is producing these videos?  They seem to be done in a common style.

15/11/2020 7:09 am  #24

Having just watched all of the single song videos, I believe they are cute but do not really enhance the splendid recordings of the fine songs.

29/11/2020 9:50 am  #25

Bing will have another new music video!
It will be "Mele kalikimaka" cartoon made by the same artist as "Winter Wonderland" video.
Now we need to wait until December 1st to see the result.
Here is some information:https://www.facebook.com/44544738326/videos/371512593942564/(There is said: "Catch the new wave of this Bing Crosby, Andrew Sisters Holiday classic! The complete animated short debuts on Facebook Watch December 1st!")
I think that it will be rearry nice!)))
Really the New Year and Christmas started early this year (because of the presents (this videos) we got and will got later)!)))

Board footera