18/10/2020 8:22 pm  #1

Halloween Bing On Sounds Like Radio

Howdy Folks,
Good news for Halloween!  I've posted 2 new Halloween shows one of them features a couple Bing Crosby songs plus a few short scary stories from the likes of Boris Karloff, Hitchcock & a radio spook legend and some intriguing background music too.  I wonder if you can identify it?

And Now Especially for Bing Fans!!   The 2nd Halloween post I just now put up there, is Bing Crosby telling the story of the Legend of Sleepy Hallow!   No one tells a story like the great Bing can.  I know folks here will like it and I hope others will discover it for the first time.  It's all available here and, as always, it's Free, here's the website (we're now available on 7 different platforms, you'll see them listed at this website too):

https://anchor.fm/your-humble-host

One thing I hope to do in these Sounds Like Radio shows is to possibly introduce young people who've never heard of these artists, songs and stories before and have them become aware of the great stuff available from our past.   Listening to music and radio shows from the past is how I became a fan of it as a teen in the 1970's.  I hope the same happens today with this generation.

19/10/2020 7:12 am  #2

Re: Halloween Bing On Sounds Like Radio

Thanks a lot Archiefit!
That's a great Halloween present! 

20/10/2020 12:43 am  #3

Thanks Mr. Mortel, always happy to hear from folks listening.   Glad you're enjoying the shows.  I'll be posting a new show every week, and in between sometimes I'll post a little extra from the Vast Library of Sound.  This new podcast site offers people 7 different "platforms" people can now listen in on, Spotify, Apple, Google Podcast and the others you see listed at the website, so I guess this makes it easier for people.  (Personally, I only use the website since I don't have a cell phone.  But most everyone today have cell phones so these extra Platforms are a good thing.)  

I always really appreciate hearing from anyone listening, so glad you piped up.

Last edited by Archiefit (20/10/2020 1:15 am)

21/10/2020 6:04 pm  #4

Love your shows! I gotta do a podcast one of these days. I've been slow to join the party!

Seriously, your show is top notch. Keep up the good work!

23/10/2020 4:19 pm  #5

Thank you very much David.  It's very very encouraging to hear from you. 

Nobody posts the great Bing Crosby material as well as you, that's something I haven't done.   We all do what we do best and you're the best at finding and posting great and unusual Bing stuff that folks may not have heard before, esp. new fans.  That's a service.  

23/10/2020 6:50 pm  #6

Archiefit wrote:

Thank you very much David.  It's very very encouraging to hear from you. 

Nobody posts the great Bing Crosby material as well as you, that's something I haven't done.   We all do what we do best and you're the best at finding and posting great and unusual Bing stuff that folks may not have heard before, esp. new fans.  That's a service.  

I may try to join the podcast world sooner than later. You Tube is pushing for more original contact (idiots doing stunts, etc) than posting recordings so I am probably going to slower move from You Tube to completely to the Internet Archive.

23/10/2020 11:49 pm  #7

You Tube is too censorship happy for me.  But Internet Archive is a place I learned about quite a while ago and I do love it there. 

I have always wanted to post my Jean Shepherd collection of shows I taped years ago but have yet to figure out how.  I found a major Jean Shepherd website (Flicklives.com) and he was happy to post a lot of my shows but there are still a lot of shows I sent there that are still waiting to be posted.  But I do appreciate, at least, the shows they have posted under the "Fan Archives" banner.  One of these days when I run out of patience waiting for them all I'll have to figure out how to post them all at Internet Archive.

Last edited by Archiefit (24/10/2020 12:25 am)

Board footera