31/5/2020 1:57 am  #1

Bing Now Included Even More Now on New Sounds Like Radio Shows

Yesterday I recorded 6 brand new Sounds Like Radio shows with great music both before and after the Great Gildersleeve.  And I just added them onto my podcast, the new ones are Episodes 18 thru 23.  And to our friend here who was looking for Bing's You're Dangerous, you'll find that on Episode 18, the first of the new ones added.  I have also added Bing into almost all of the shows, so those looking only for Bing will find him standing by my mic to sing.   I hope you'll find these shows as fun and entertaining as I do when making them. 

If you have any musical requests just ask and if I have it I'll include it as I did with You're Dangerous.  And feedback whether you're listening is very appreciated.  Listen to these new shows here:
https://soundslikeradio.podomatic.com/

Last edited by Archiefit (31/5/2020 1:58 am)

03/6/2020 1:22 am  #2

Re: Bing Now Included Even More Now on New Sounds Like Radio Shows

Thanks a lot, Archieft, I really want to thank you for your work, because it is interesting to listen to your Sounds Like Radio.
     You have a good taste in music and The Great Gildersleeve is a radio show from the kind today's world doesn't know. I like the story about Gildersleeve and two girls most of all, but other episodes are great too. I always wait when the show starts to hear your pleasant voice and good song, especially Bing's. ("when I take my sugar to tea" is beautiful song which, I think is connected with "Sugar (That Sugar Baby O' Mine)", from "Bing & Satchmo" music album.)

03/6/2020 4:45 pm  #3

Archiefit wrote:

Yesterday I recorded 6 brand new Sounds Like Radio shows with great music both before and after the Great Gildersleeve.  And I just added them onto my podcast, the new ones are Episodes 18 thru 23.  And to our friend here who was looking for Bing's You're Dangerous, you'll find that on Episode 18, the first of the new ones added.  I have also added Bing into almost all of the shows, so those looking only for Bing will find him standing by my mic to sing.   I hope you'll find these shows as fun and entertaining as I do when making them. 

If you have any musical requests just ask and if I have it I'll include it as I did with You're Dangerous.  And feedback whether you're listening is very appreciated.  Listen to these new shows here:
https://soundslikeradio.podomatic.com/

I would love to hear more Bill Frawley. I have been trying to find that LP of his for years!

05/6/2020 1:25 am  #4

Thank you so much to both Tom & Mr. L for their taking time to listen and to give me the positive feedback.  Always happy to know folks are enjoying the shows.    I always try to include neat music, songs people may not be familiar with or just some of my own musical discoveries over the years.   An entertaining and interesting show is my goal.  

I purposely did not talk over the You're Dangerous song in case you wanted to record it.  
And to David, Bill Frawley has always been one of my favorite characters ever since I was a little kid and saw him on I Love Lucy.   And though I never knew Bill was on My 3 Sons till the 1980's as I had only watched the color years of My 3 Sons when it was originally on CBS.   I was so happy to see him again on My 3 Sons as the grouchy but nice grandfather.   And yes, I was thrilled when I was able to find the album back in 2005 or before, forget exactly when it was that I bought it.  But the album is now proudly displayed on my living room wall along with Bing's album "Songs I Wish I Had Sung".    

2 years ago I transferred our old home movies from 8mm and Super 8mm over to DVD.  I then added mostly all instrumental music to play in the background of these silent home movies.   At one point my grandfather is shown singing a song to my grandmother, I added Frawley's "For Me & My Gal" to be the soundtrack so it looks like my grandfather is singing the song.   It was pretty funny.  I'll include Bill Frawley in future episodes of Sounds Like Radio too. 

Thanks Again to all who are listening.

Board footera