24/8/2019 6:25 pm  #1

Sinatra Sings Bing - 1944

Here's a couple of tracks where Sinatra sings Bing hits from the radio - nice sounds on them!

24/8/2019 6:27 pm  #2

Re: Sinatra Sings Bing - 1944

25/8/2019 12:56 am  #3

As one would expect, Sinatra sang those two songs well, didn't he. Thanks Lobosco for enabling me to hear those recordings for the first time. Sinatra demonstrated his versatility. I presume he sang them early in 1944. I reckon Bing's recording of 'Swinging on a Star' was enhanced by the presence of the Williams Brothers. Incidentally, I liked the photos and wonder who the five vocalists in one of the snapshots were.

25/8/2019 2:36 am  #4

Graham Pascoe wrote:

As one would expect, Sinatra sang those two songs well, didn't he. Thanks Lobosco for enabling me to hear those recordings for the first time. Sinatra demonstrated his versatility. I presume he sang them early in 1944. I reckon Bing's recording of 'Swinging on a Star' was enhanced by the presence of the Williams Brothers. Incidentally, I liked the photos and wonder who the five vocalists in one of the snapshots were.

I'm not sure which picture you were referring to? I thought they were all solo pics of Sinatra. I recently found four cds that Larry Kiner of Redmond Nostalgia fame produced and put out. All featured great Sinatra numbers from that era of the 1940s. 

08/9/2019 4:30 am  #5

I must have been dreaming. Yes, all solos.

Board footera