20/11/2017 11:35 am  #1

Interviews with people who played a part in Bing's professional life

I recently came across a page with links to interviews of people connected (in whatever way) with old time radio.

Among the interviewed are several with a connection to Bing, like: Ken Carpenter, John Scott Trotter, Bob Thomas, Wendell Niles, Don Wilson, and others. There are also interviews with singers who have a connection with Bing, one way or the other - people like Rudy Vallee, Bea Wain, Dick Haymes, Alice Faye and more.

I still have to listen to many of these interviews at this time of writing, but I thought I would like to share the information. And the link, of course: http://www.speakingofradio.com/interviews/

If you don't know this page, it might be worth your while to browse through the list of interviews.

21/11/2017 10:47 pm  #2

Re: Interviews with people who played a part in Bing's professional life

Frans,

Thank you so much for sharing this link. I wasn't aware of the existence of this website, but it really is a treasure trove for those of us who are interested in the history of the golden age of American radio. I have been listening to the interview with Ken Carpenter from the 1970s, and it is fabulous. I was surprised to hear that he tries to dispel the myth that Bing wanted to tape his radio shows in order to have more time to hit the links. Mr. Carpenter says that the primary reason was that Bing thought taping the shows made for better sound quality for his voice!

Dank je!

AGF

Last edited by Anton G.-F. (21/11/2017 10:48 pm)

05/12/2017 4:54 am  #3

Re: Interviews with people who played a part in Bing's professional life

Thanks Frans. I especially enjoyed the interviews with John Scott Trotter and Ken Carpenter. A couple of months ago I heard an interview with Bea Wain. (It was probably done fairly recently and it may have been broadcast on Greg Van Beek's program). It was fascinating.

Board footera