14/12/2016 3:03 pm  #1

Happy Holidays With Frank And Bing

Malcolm has drawn attention to a new DVD "Happy Holidays With Frank And Bing" from a TV show dating from December 20th 1957, and which comes with a compilation of Frank Sinatra shows entitled "Vintage Sinatra".

Region 1 and Region 2 editions are available as listed by Amazon US and Amazon UK.

A track listing is 

1) Mistletoe And Holly FRANK
2) Jingle Bells FRANK & BING
3) Deck The Halls FRANK & BING
4) God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen FRANK & BING
5) Hark The Herald Angels Sing FRANK & BING
6) O Come All Ye Faithfull FRANK & BING
7) The First Noel FRANK & BING
8) It Came Upon A Midnight Clear FRANK
9) Away In A Manger BING
10) O Little Town Of Bethlehem FRANK & BING
11) Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer BING
12) Santa Claus Is Coming To Town FRANK
13) The Christmas Song FRANK & BING
14) White Christmas BING 

It's in colour.

15/12/2016 10:34 pm  #2

Re: Happy Holidays With Frank And Bing

That has been available (in one form or another) on DVD for several years now. The DVD with "Vintage Sinatra" added is from a box set of all of Mr. S's "Man and His Music" specials and a few others that was also released several years ago. They recently have "broken up" the box set and are selling individual DVD's from it.  

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

16/12/2016 9:50 am  #3

paulmock wrote:

That has been available (in one form or another) on DVD for several years now. - -  

Thank you for reminding us of that, Paul. I think that the issue as a single is of interest though for those who might not have wished to extend to the full boxed set. As you say, the set is now available as single DVDs under the main title "The Frank Sinatra Collection" with uniform presentation, but so far as I can see there is no Bing content in any of the others - unless I am missing something. A number of others of our favourite people though!

16/12/2016 12:50 pm  #4

The show is also a bonus item on the second volume of the BCE release of "The Television Specials".

16/12/2016 5:08 pm  #5

Richard Baker wrote:

paulmock wrote:

That has been available (in one form or another) on DVD for several years now. - -  

Thank you for reminding us of that, Paul. I think that the issue as a single is of interest though for those who might not have wished to extend to the full boxed set. As you say, the set is now available as single DVDs under the main title "The Frank Sinatra Collection" with uniform presentation, but so far as I can see there is no Bing content in any of the others - unless I am missing something. A number of others of our favourite people though!

The TV special has been available on it's own as a single purchase unit for many years at least here in the US. I am away from my collection currently so I cannot give the release year offhand. But it originally had the special along with a voice over by the show's producer along with a Q&A with Nancy and Tina.  (In fact, IMHO that original release is of finer video quality than the one later included in the Sinatra box set.

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

25/12/2016 12:32 am  #6

Happy Holidays! I am now about to play this DVD for Christmas Eve and the date on the original single disc release here in the USA is 2003. So this has been floating around and available without having to buy any additional discs for quite some time.

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

Board footera