11/9/2014 1:58 pm  #1

Greetings to All!

Hello Everyone, my name is Howard Crosby, from Walla Walla, WA. My father was Bing's brother Ted Crosby. I knew my uncle very well, as I was a scratch golfer in my college years in the early 1970's, and I played golf with Uncle Bing many times. He also invited me to play in the Crosby several times in the 70's.

I just discovered this site yesterday when I was reading "Bing" magazine. I will be delighted to follow it, and will, from time time, try to post some interesting personal recollections of my uncle.

11/9/2014 2:25 pm  #2

Re: Greetings to All!

hcrosby19 wrote:

Hello Everyone, my name is Howard Crosby, from Walla Walla, WA. My father was Bing's brother Ted Crosby. I knew my uncle very well, as I was a scratch golfer in my college years in the early 1970's, and I played golf with Uncle Bing many times. He also invited me to play in the Crosby several times in the 70's.

I just discovered this site yesterday when I was reading "Bing" magazine. I will be delighted to follow it, and will, from time time, try to post some interesting personal recollections of my uncle.

You are very heartily welcome, and I'm sure many of those coming to this board will be eager to read any of your memories.

11/9/2014 3:54 pm  #3

Welcome aboard Howard. Nice to know that you have linked up with us.

12/9/2014 10:12 am  #4

Howard, How are you? Meeting you years back was a Big Thrill for me and family! I have 2 cd's that you put out and enjoy them very much. Can you tell us what's in store for the future for you and what you have been doing? I read a few articles in BING over the years about you. Carmela from Brooklyn now living in Staten Island.

Peace and Love! 

20/9/2014 6:02 pm  #5

Hi,Howard.Its Nice To Have You On The Board.I've Been A G
Huge Fan Of Mr. Bing Crosby Since I Was Fourteen.(20 Years.)I Remember Reading About You In Bing Mag. AbouBout Thespecial Times You Shared WithYoUr Uncle.I Bet You Have Lots More Stories To Tell About Him

Yours In Bing,
Windy

30/9/2014 5:13 pm  #6

When I first played golf with Uncle Bing, I was 15 years old, trying to hit a big draw for distance. After about 8 holes, he put his arm around me and said: " Howard, learn to hit a fade, you can talk to a fade"

30/9/2014 8:54 pm  #7

Did he try to get you to take an extra club as well. Apparently he used to say that to Nathaniel.

Board footera