10/11/2012 5:13 pm  #1

''Uncle Bing Sings For Uncle Sam'' - Carolyn Schneider recollects

Mesquite Local News

Click on link for full report accompanying the photos.

http://mesquitelocalnews.com/sections/opinion/guest-columnist/uncle-bing-sings-uncle-sam.html

25/11/2012 3:06 am  #2

Re: ''Uncle Bing Sings For Uncle Sam'' - Carolyn Schneider recollects

I had the pleasure of meeting Carolyn's mother, and Bing's sister, and her husband at the 1983 Tribute of The Bing Crosby Historical Society in Tacoma. I believe her husband said that he had been in Australia in the armed services in World War II. Gee, what a fine job Ken Twiss and Frank McMahon made of that event, so long ago that my memories of it are faint now. When I expressed interest in visiting Spokane Ken kindly contacted Fr Art Dussault, then Vice-President of Gonzaga U, who met me at the airport and was a gracious host to a young (well, almost young) bloke from Down Under. He had known Bing, of course, and showed me one of Bing's toupees and a couple of whisky decanters form Bing's Pro-Am golf tournaments. (They wer empty.)

03/12/2012 2:30 pm  #3

Those are great photos!

04/12/2012 12:48 pm  #4

Graham Pascoe wrote:

I had the pleasure of meeting Carolyn's mother, and Bing's sister, and her husband at the 1983 Tribute of The Bing Crosby Historical Society in Tacoma. I believe her husband said that he had been in Australia in the armed services in World War II. Gee, what a fine job Ken Twiss and Frank McMahon made of that event, so long ago that my memories of it are faint now. When I expressed interest in visiting Spokane Ken kindly contacted Fr Art Dussault, then Vice-President of Gonzaga U, who met me at the airport and was a gracious host to a young (well, almost young) bloke from Down Under. He had known Bing, of course, and showed me one of Bing's toupees and a couple of whisky decanters form Bing's Pro-Am golf tournaments. (They wer empty.)

Graham - those were the days! Ken Twiss was a great man and a great friend to Bing fans.

Board footera