19/12/2011 5:17 pm  #1

A HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A PEACEFUL NEW YEAR TO ALL

Bing's Yuletide cheer comes in many different packages, but beneath it all the same message is contained.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

I apologise to those for whom this image did not display. I hope that is now corrected.

Last edited by Richard Baker (25/12/2011 10:46 pm)

Crosby fans are our favourite people!

23/12/2011 10:59 pm  #2

Re: A HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A PEACEFUL NEW YEAR TO ALL

A very Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year to all!

Devotee of 'the art that conceals art' which of course Bing epitomised.

25/12/2011 10:10 pm  #3

Hello to Richard and all! MERRY CHRISTMAS wishes. I'm cooking Christmas dinner now and "The Voice of Christmas" is playing on the sound system. What a great spirit it sets for that Christmas feeling...even though it is a gorgeous bright, sunny day here in Hollywood with current temp of 75 degrees!  ENJOY!

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

26/12/2011 1:00 am  #4

johnwalton wrote:

A very Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year to all!

I second John's sentiments, to all fellow Crosby fans, and to those essential people those who humor, tolerate, and support them in their passion.

31/12/2011 10:06 pm  #5

Nearly time to ring out the old, to make resolutions and to wish all a peaceful and prosperous New Year. May there at least be an improvement on the old!

Among my resolutions must be one not to try to do much on this site from a remote location with equipment that I don't fully understand - I never did get that graphic of Bing's Christmas record covers to display properly on all platforms. Still, now back home, I should not have any further trouble for the time being.

All the very best wishes to all, everywhere. Bing said it muscaslly, and added love and kisses -

One minute to midnight
One minute to go
One minute to say good-bye
Before we say hello

Let's start the new year right
Twelve o'clock tonight
When they dim the light
Let's begin

Kissing the old year out
Kissing the new year in

Let's watch the old year die
With a fond good-bye
And our hopes as high
As a kite

How can our love go wrong if
We start the new year right?

Let's watch the old year die
With a fond good-bye
And our hopes as high
As a kite

How can our love go wrong if
We start the new year right?

Words and music by Irving Berlin of course, for 'Holiday Inn' 1942, and recorded for commercial release by Decca on 25 May 1942, reaching #18 in the American charts. Just think on that - not far off 70 years ago.

Possibly there are many who will not be wishing the old year a fond goodbye, but who knows what 2012 might hold.

31/12/2011 11:47 pm  #6

Hard to believe 2011 is over all ready.

Hope everyone has a healthy and happy 2012!!!!

02/1/2012 3:52 am  #7

Happy new year to all. I've just pinned the 2012 Crosby calendar to my wall and the January picture has reminded me of that entertaining film MISSISSIPPI. I'll probably get out my old videotaped copy of it, or perhaps the DVD of RHYTHM ON THE RIVER, and watch it this week. Cheers from Graham

02/1/2012 9:55 pm  #8

Just spent a nice 11 1/2 days in Australia. 25 at Christmas Day lunch at my niece's place.
Then on a plane between Sydney and Los Angeles for New Year's Eve. Left Sydney at midday 31st.
arrived LA 10.30am 31st. Had to do a backtrack after 3 hours flying to Auckland to off load a very
sick passenger.
So, one wasn't sure exactly when it was midnight.
Anyway, hope you all have a good twenty-twelve and may the world not end in December.

Board footera