New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October of 2027!
Offline
I saw this article on "Moon River" in the BBC news, the highlight being the release of a demo tape of the song with Johnny Mercer singing, and Henry Mancini playing the piano:
Here's a cleaner transfer of the same demo:
This may be my favorite version of "Moon River". I always thought it should be done simply with minimal accompaniment, and I love Mercer's singing, even if the demo is a little rough.
According to the ICC Songogrqphy, Bing only recorded "Moon River' three times as part of medleys for TV shows.
A shame he never gave it a full treatment.
Here Bing and Louis Armstrong sing it to Andy Williams on the Pearl Bailey Show.