New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October of 2027!
Offline

I have a fairly complex "Google Alert" set up to warn me of anything Crosby related arising on the internet.
Awhile back this drew my attention to a question raised on "Yahoo Answers".
The question was (and in view of the mis-spelling and lack of an important capital "C", I quote it exactly) -
"How much would a Bing crosby vynle album cost?"
I thought that was a pretty silly question, so I logged in to the site and gave my response
"Silly Question - It depends which one!"
Yesterday I was surprised to receive an email from "Yahoo Answers" telling me
"Hey, Richard, look what you got!
Congratulations, you've got a best answer and 10 extra points!
Your answer to the following question really hit the spot and has been chosen as the best answer:
how much would a Bing crosby vynle album cost?
Go ahead, do your victory dance. Celebrate a little. Brag a little. Then come back and answer a few more questions!
Thanks for sharing what you know and making someone's day.
The Yahoo! Answers Team"
Over-awed by this terrible responsibiity I visited the site to discover that whilst I might have given the best answer, it was the ONLY answer. And I have yet to discover what I can do with the ten points that I was awarded. Buy a "vynle" album perhaps?
Last edited by Richard Baker (29/10/2013 2:29 pm)
Offline

Ha,ha,ha, ha, ha!