New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October 22, 2026.
Offline

I was on the Boswell Sisters website and on Connee's timeline they said
"makes more frequent appearances in clubs and even appears on a television program (August 16, 1975) with her old friend Bing Crosby".
I have seen that written a few places. Did Bing appear with Connee on tv that late? I would love to see it if the show exists. Anyone knows?
Offline

Lobosco wrote:
appears on a television program (August 16, 1975) with her old friend Bing Crosby".
- - Did Bing appear with Connee on tv that late? - -
I have strong doubts and can find no such references in any Crosby related reference material that I can put my hands on.
If there was such a show it was pre - recorded as Bing was in Britain at the time.
Offline

It would have been a heck of a show - but I doubt it as well.
Offline

Maybe a couple of numerals were transposed, starting with something like August 17, 1965.
Offline

I have sent a request to the proprietors of the site for as much information as they can provide and will post any answer that I might receive. It is a good, informative site.
Offline

It's a great site and they do a lot to keep the Boswell Sisters name out there. I also read it somewhere else as well. If I find it I will pass it on.
Offline

I have had a ''holding'' reply from the proprietor of the ''bozzies'' site, who seems to accept that the entry is probably an error and promising to look into the origins of the entry in order to correct it.
Still a great site though. I hate to think of the probable errors in my own discography of Bing.
Offline

I have had a further communication from the administrator of the ''Bozzies'' site, Cynthia Lucas, who says
''I have been able to find the source of the reference, which is the Woodward/Hobson discography. It was an armed forcces radio network show that they credit for the appearance. However, the AFRN does not seem to have a record of it, and there was no recording of it in Connie Boswell's personal collection. So, despite an otherwise wonderfully reliable point of reference, I cannot find anything that supports the Woodson/Hobson notation.
I want to do just a little more research before taking down the Woodward/Hobson reference, but I confess to expecting to have to do so soon.
Good catch and thanks very much for your input''
If I hear more I will post it.
Offline

I was actually hoping it was a long lost television appearance of Bing and Connee. What a show that would have been!