25/11/2010 12:11 am  #1

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Long time I have searched for the B-Take of SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN. None of my various discographies remarks the take, also it not exist on Jonzo records. But today I take a look on Frans Van der Kolff´s legendary SONGOGRAPHY, which is now available on internet on the ICC page www.bingmagazine.co.uk .There I found the B-Take noticed. I for myself , have explored this take on the Redmond Nostalgia CD-1474: Christmas Programs. It is the "Special Christmas Album For The Servicemen" from 1944, 15min. Bing have had the job of a disc jockey to present his own Christmas songs. JINGLE BELLS is heard in the known version, but I wondered, if I listened to SANTA CLAUS. This track have only some small word variations, but you can hear clearly, that Bings voice is even more swingier than on the A-Take, especially on second part. Will Universal have the master of this official unreleased take- so far I know? The sound quality on CD is minor, but Bing´s interpretation is overwhelming.- Dieter.

25/11/2010 9:37 am  #2

Re: Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Dieter, it's very encouraging to know that someone looks through such things in real detail.

Yes, it's listed and yes, it exists but in some ways you've been too quick.

'Wig' Wiggins has a project in hand on alternate takes, but it's early days yet and the news is his to break.

Board footera