26/3/2021 5:37 pm  #1

BING COMIC BOOKS! NOW READ EACH PAGE OF RIDING HIGH with Bing!

For a long time I had heard that Bing only appeared in one comic book (as opposed to Bob Hope who had a whole series of comics).  That one comic book was 1947's "Calling All Boys" (cover shown in next posting). 

BUT, today I just discovered a whole comic book version of Bing in his movie RIDING HIGH!!!  This is a great find as you can turn each page of this Riding High comic book from the cover all the way thru to the back, reading and enjoying each page as you go.  Here's where to go to look at the entire comic book of Bing in RIDING HIGH:

https://archive.org/details/ComicBooksBasedOnMovies/BingCrosbyInRidingHigh-1950/mode/2up

Don't forget to hear Bing sing in the Sounds Like Radio podcasts each week a new one right here:
https://anchor.fm/your-humble-host

27/3/2021 6:08 pm  #2

Re: BING COMIC BOOKS! NOW READ EACH PAGE OF RIDING HIGH with Bing!

Riding High is a favourite of mine.
Wish TCM would show it.
Also wish TCM would show Bing films as one gets sick of the constant Wayne movies and forever reruns of other movies but no Bing.

27/3/2021 10:43 pm  #3

Re: BING COMIC BOOKS! NOW READ EACH PAGE OF RIDING HIGH with Bing!

TCM really does suffer from over repeatedly playing the same ancient 1910's, '20's and '30's lousy movies no one wants to see in the first place over and over and over again.  They almost never show the main old movies you want to see esp. the Paramount/MCA movies you want to see.   You're right they'll never show Bing's Paramount movies of the '30's thru the '50's..  They never even show Roy Rogers movies of the late '40's thru early '50's even, once in a great while one will sneak in.   As once every 10 or 20 years a Bing movie will get on.  I was really happy when in March of 2019 TCM finally for the very first (and last, by the way)  time showed Bing's Top of The Morning.  It hadn't been on TV since the good version of the old AMC showed it 20 years ago.  So if you missed it that ONE day TCM showed it, you'll have to wait another 20 or 30 years to see it again.   Thank goodness for DVDs, what a true modern miracle we have with them.  To think those many years when people had no way of ever watching what they wanted unless they paid 100's of dollars for an actual film print to run in a projector. 

Until TCM gets the rights to show Paramount movies you won't see W.C. Fields, Bing, and the many other great stars that were regulars on Paramount in those early years.   Same story for all the great classic 20th Century FOX movies, TCM will only once in a very great while show them.  I've NEVER seen Bing's Say One For Me on TCM.   Thank goodness once again for the one time Cinemax showed it 20 years or more ago and I was there tapeside.  AMC, the good old AMC showed it once or twice but never once since it turned into the unwatchable commercial laden channel it is now.  Even the FXM movie channel will only show a very very few selet Fox classic movies and they show those very few over and over and over again.   Fox has never shown Say 1 For Me either but they'll show the same 20 or 30 old Fox movies repeatedly for years and years. 

Let's all kiss our DVDs and tell where these lousy cable channels where they can kiss.

Last edited by Archiefit (27/3/2021 10:49 pm)

Board footera