26/11/2019 4:07 am  #1

WOH!!! HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS!!!! BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

Folks, yesterday I just happened to be looking at GET TV's schedule as they were showing old Christmas specials last night and I then looked forward to each night of the week this week and BAM!   I couldn't believe my eyes.  Are you sitting down?   Grab the cat, this coming Friday GET TV will be showing 6, yes SIX different Bing Christmas TV specials ALL DAY LONG OVER AND OVER ALL DAY LONG, 6 Bing Christmas specials ALL DAY LONG!!!

I was in total delight shock.  Now for the past couple years GET TV has shown the well known already DVD available specials with Robert Goulet and the last Bing Christmas, once they even showed the Bing and Sinatra Christmas show BUT NEVER have they shown all of these I'm about to tell you about!!!    OK, yes they will once again this year show the Goulet and the last Christmas show BUT here are the never before seen in top quality Christmas shows to be seen this FRIDAY:
Christmas With The Bing Crosby's  1972
Bing Crosby’S Sun Valley Christmas Show 1973
Merry Christmas, Fred, From The Crosbys  1975
Bing Crosby’s White Christmas  1976

Those 4 specials haven't been seen since they were first on.   Least not in the USA.  And that 1972 special I don't even have as a bootleg video as I do have bootleg videos of all the rest.   But the quality on those bootlegs leaves a lot to be desired, as of this Friday that situation will be remedied!    I am truly very excited.  I just hope my aging DVD recorders don't give out on me before then.

Last edited by Archiefit (26/11/2019 4:18 am)

26/11/2019 4:11 am  #2

Re: WOH!!! HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS!!!! BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

26/11/2019 6:14 am  #3

Good spotting.
Here in Washington State we are with WAVE and the Bing shows are on 124Kiro2.
I have now set up to record same.
Thanks again for the notice.

26/11/2019 6:26 am  #4

Way out west here the first show is at 3.00am - 1971 with Robert Goulet.
4.00am - 1972
5.00am - 1973 with Art Fisher
6.00am - 1974
7.00am - 1975
8.00am - 1976
9.00am. - 1977
10.00am - back to 1971
Christmas is early this year and I’m on my way to Australia on Monday 2nd. December.
Perfect timing.

26/11/2019 3:43 pm  #5

This is awesome news. Unfortunately we don't have access to GET TV here in Canada, so I'm unable to watch them. Hopefully they'll appear online at some point, or released as a collection on DVD or Blu-Ray.

27/11/2019 5:04 am  #6

Can someone record the unreleased ones and put them on dvd for me?  They’re precious.  Please pm me

Last edited by JoeDoakes (27/11/2019 5:04 am)

27/11/2019 8:47 am  #7

I think quite a few of us would like copies. Can anyone help?

27/11/2019 10:00 am  #8

27/11/2019 1:53 pm  #9

My Verizon does not get GET TV anymore. I would be interested in a DVD copy too!

27/11/2019 5:59 pm  #10

Malcolm Macfarlane wrote:

I think quite a few of us would like copies. Can anyone help?

"quite a few of us" or possibly "Most of us" !!

27/11/2019 10:36 pm  #11

To David and anyone in the US GET TV is a channel that is broadcast over the airwaves for free.  It's a subchannel that goes along with a local TV station in your local area.   So even if Verizon doesn't have it it could still be available to you over the airwaves for free with an antenna.   Now if no local station in your area carries GET TV as a subchannel "sister channel" as I like to call them then you'd be out of luck.   But if you local area has it you just need an antenna to get GET.   Now how or if GET is available on satellite for those overseas is something that's beyond my paygrade.  In other words I don't know about satellite operations.

27/11/2019 10:40 pm  #12

I have a new digital tuner from amazon coming   im hopeful

28/11/2019 4:56 pm  #13

Wonderful news! I would be very much interested in a dvd copy too.

30/11/2019 7:22 am  #14

Couldn’t watch from the start as was out visiting  so have recorded and just the first two but pressed the wrong button and jumped a couple to Bing and Fred.
I can only record but can’t reproduce so that is why I never put my hand up to do so.
You just forget how long and many breaks there are until you watch the show.
Saturday have three more shows to watch and rugby as well.
So I hope those of you who could get the channel have enjoyed your viewing.

01/12/2019 12:10 am  #15

Just watched 1974 and finally found out about the skit where Bing played Judge, 2 lawyers and a victim - it was in this one. Wondered for years about that skit.
Couple more to watch.

01/12/2019 6:42 am  #16

Well, I’ve now finished the marathon.
Watching two or three following one another one gets sick of the same ads all the time even though I fast forward through them.
Also, when running titles finish but the show has overrun the hour and when you watch the following show the end titles are at the start of 5he new one.
Then the final the recording stopped with the end titles still running.
A couple of the programmes I hadn’t seen before and it was sad seeing the final one and thinking that Bing died about a month after the final show.
I was at the Palladium on both opening and closing nights.
Let us hope that we may now see and hear more Bing after the events of the past couple of days - this 7 TV shows plus the new CD high in the ranks.
Anyway everyone enjoy our man.

10/12/2019 1:14 pm  #17

Archiefit wrote:

To David and anyone in the US GET TV is a channel that is broadcast over the airwaves for free.  It's a subchannel that goes along with a local TV station in your local area.   So even if Verizon doesn't have it it could still be available to you over the airwaves for free with an antenna.   Now if no local station in your area carries GET TV as a subchannel "sister channel" as I like to call them then you'd be out of luck.   But if you local area has it you just need an antenna to get GET.   Now how or if GET is available on satellite for those overseas is something that's beyond my paygrade.  In other words I don't know about satellite operations.

Yeah none of my sister stations in Pittsburgh carried GET TV. Anyone make DVD copies of the show?

Board footera