New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October of 2027!
Offline

Anyone remember Curt Massey? He sang the theme song on the comedy Petticoat Junction, but he made some nice radio appearances with Martha Tilton in the 1950s. They also made an LP on the Tops label in 1958. Here's a number Curt Massey did of the 1931 Bing hit...
Offline
I’d never heard of Curt Massey, but what a wonderful version of Bing’s 1931 hit. Great singing from a singer with a lovely voice and a behind-the-beat, laid-back delivery, together with a sparse-but-cool accompaniment. Hearing it gave me a lot of pleasure. Thanks, David...
Offline
Another Curt Massey version of a Bing favourite...
Offline

Archiefit wrote:
I watch Petticoat Junction every Friday with Breakfast, but had no idea this theme singer made records. I can tell you I love singing along with Curt everytime he sings the Petticoat Junction theme. All aboard!
In the 1940s Curt Massey sang on the Andrews Sisters radio show. They made some nice recordings. I have a lot of them on my youtube channel.
Curt Massey never became a break out singer like Bing or Sinatra, but he was a dependable radio and TV singer for years.