New members are ALWAYS welcomed. If you are having any problems signing up or logging into the board, please contact me at davidlobosco@yahoo.com.
THE "RENT" FOR THIS BOARD HAS NOW BEEN PAID THROUGH October of 2027!
Offline
Have just read in the past day or two that Richard Baker has passed on - 93.
Gladly it is not OUR Richard.
The passed one was a news reader on BBC and also presented shows from the Royal Albert Hall including The Proms.
He was a good presenter.
RIP
Offline

Ron Field wrote:
Have just read in the past day or two that Richard Baker has passed on - 93.
Gladly it is not OUR Richard.
The passed one was a news reader on BBC and also presented shows from the Royal Albert Hall including The Proms.
He was a good presenter.
RIP
He was very knowledgeable about classical music, writing books and for some time participating on a TV show "Face The Music" that involved the need to identify sometimes quite obscure classical pieces - but I confirm not me!
I'm still around and drawing breath, unless I'm imagining things!
Offline
This was a week of double identities as it was reported that a person was killed with the same name as a bloke who directed a couple of shows at the Roxythat I appeared in with him - Hamlet (had 2 parts) and The Importance of Being Ernest.
So, twice I was concerned and relieved that these 2 were not the ones I know.
However, RIP to those two.