24/3/2019 1:44 pm  #1

Expert help requested please

I do hope one of the forums expert members can help me with this.

Some years ago I remember (or believe I remember) seeing a Bing Crosby film which has one scene which was I think set in a domestic kitchen with BIng and others singing.  Alas I can't recall either the movie title or the name of the song.  I just remember it was good!  I've run all sorts of internet searches but so far drawn a blank.

Please - someone out there help me.

24/3/2019 3:38 pm  #2

Re: Expert help requested please

Ray wrote:

I do hope one of the forums expert members can help me with this.

Some years ago I remember (or believe I remember) seeing a Bing Crosby film which has one scene which was I think set in a domestic kitchen with BIng and others singing.  Alas I can't recall either the movie title or the name of the song.  I just remember it was good!  I've run all sorts of internet searches but so far drawn a blank.

Please - someone out there help me.

Possibly "Sunshine Cake" from "Riding High"? Not quite a kitchen but all the paraphernalia is there.

Quite a difference when compared to the issued recording! -- -

Last edited by Richard Baker (24/3/2019 4:22 pm)

24/3/2019 6:56 pm  #3

I, too, would think of this segment (couldn't open the second attachment). Such an enjoyable film that I wish TCM or someone would show.
Another thought is High Time. Bing owned a string of restaurants and took some friends to one and the meal wasn't too clever, so he went into the kitchen and showed how the meal should be cooked, but not sure if Bing sang in the kitchen, or even the kitchen was shown, but came out with a superb tasting meal.

29/2/2020 3:04 am  #4

Another song possibly could be 'The Donovans' from Top O' The Morning, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZobdmaczcOg like said with the last one it's not a full on kitchen, but they are some things that could make you think it is.
This one I doubt, but maybe Let's Start The New Year Right from Holiday Inn could very well work too,

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

Board footera