22/1/2019 2:30 pm  #1

What If Question

Here is a question I have been thinking about? Bing died of a massive heart attack in 1977, but given the medical advancements in 2019 - do you think he could have been saved if the medical advancements of today were there in 1977? 

Any doctors out there with opinions?

22/1/2019 4:59 pm  #2

Re: What If Question

Well, I'm not doctor, but I would say no, it sounds like it was massive and sudden. I doubt he could have gotten medical attention quickly enough for today's advancements to have made any difference. 

But...
I would say that today something may have been detected long before, and Bing may have benefited from preventive care, medications, etc. 

22/1/2019 6:21 pm  #3

Ron1972 wrote:

Well, I'm not doctor, but I would say no, it sounds like it was massive and sudden. I doubt he could have gotten medical attention quickly enough for today's advancements to have made any difference. 

But...
I would say that today something may have been detected long before, and Bing may have benefited from preventive care, medications, etc. 

Good points. I wonder if Bing hadn't fallen offstage in March of 1977, if he would have lived longer.

22/1/2019 7:32 pm  #4

Well now you're asking another question! Although I too wonder how much that fall may have affected Bing. 

Hey, I think we all wish that Bing has gotten to squeeze out one more album, or one more movie, but it's tough to go out in better fashion than Bing - showing that he could still make great music, still be a charismatic entertainer, and still play a great game of golf. 

As much as we might wish for one more great album after "Seasons", I could just as easily wish for the 60's to be a decade of better career choices!

30/1/2019 1:39 pm  #5

Ron1972 wrote:

Well now you're asking another question! Although I too wonder how much that fall may have affected Bing. 

Hey, I think we all wish that Bing has gotten to squeeze out one more album, or one more movie, but it's tough to go out in better fashion than Bing - showing that he could still make great music, still be a charismatic entertainer, and still play a great game of golf. 

As much as we might wish for one more great album after "Seasons", I could just as easily wish for the 60's to be a decade of better career choices!

I agree with you. I would not want Bing to live past his prime like Sinatra and Bob Hope did. Maybe 5 more years of recordings would be nice. It wasn't meant to be, and I happy what we got!

I agree the 1960s should have not happened at all for Bing for the most part!

Board footera