23/1/2019 12:00 am  #1

Nevertheless and The Rose In Her Hair

I could not find these two songs that our pal Archiefit (Lee) talked about on you tube. So I uploaded the songs myself. They are among Bing's best from his later days. I dedicate them to my off and on friend Lee. LOL

Last edited by Lobosco (23/1/2019 12:03 am)

23/1/2019 12:01 am  #2

Re: Nevertheless and The Rose In Her Hair

23/1/2019 12:23 am  #3

Just love the resonance in his voice.  A voice never to be matched.

23/1/2019 2:55 pm  #4

I always liked Bing's 1976 version of Nevertheless, but I always passed over The Rose In Her Hair. I just listened to it again because of Lee talking about it, and it is fabulous.

I wish they would give the "Feels Good Feels Right" album a proper re-issue. My friend from Englad made me a copy of a CD version he had which had three unreleased tracks on it: "At Last", "That Old Black Magic" and "I'm Getting Sentimental Over You". 

What a great album!

31/1/2019 5:15 am  #5

Twp splendid songs sung so well by 73-yr-old Bing. I'm guessing that 'The rose in her hair' was written for a motion picture.

01/2/2019 8:36 pm  #6

Graham Pascoe wrote:

Twp splendid songs sung so well by 73-yr-old Bing. I'm guessing that 'The rose in her hair' was written for a motion picture.

The song was written by Al Dubin and Harry Warren (composers of 42nd Street) for the 1935 musical The Broadway Gondolier. Dick Powell introduced it in the movie. 

Board footera