20/1/2019 1:49 am  #1

Now That Came Out of Nowhere!

Does this ever happen to you?   No matter how much you think you've heard Bing sing, every once in a while you'll hear him sing a song that really strikes you and you don't remember ever hearing it before, though you know you must have.  

I was listening to a CD I made years ago of my tape of one of Bing's Bing & Rosie shows (the 8/14/62 broadcast) at the very end of the show Bing sings "Just A Song At Twilight".   Whoa!  I loved this song as sung by Bing here!   I now want to add this to my computer Media Player so it pops up every once in a while in the "Random" play mode.  Then I thought, maybe it's already on an "official" Bing CD, I found it then on that Mosaic CD set, but in that set they called it, "Just A Baby's Prayer At Twilight", now I could swear I heard Bing sing it "Just A Song At Twilight" I wonder why the Mosaic set called it by the other title?   At any rate, I love this Bing song and will not put it to my computer play list.

20/1/2019 7:39 am  #2

Re: Now That Came Out of Nowhere!

Bing sings the words "Just a Song at Twilight" as part of the song "Love's Old Sweet Song". Could there be some confusion?

20/1/2019 8:52 pm  #3

I have never heard this recording at all. This week I found a version of "My Kinda Love" that seems to be a different take. It might be a radio remote too, but it is outstanding. There is something always new when you are listening to Bing!

20/1/2019 8:56 pm  #4

You are so right.  I hadn't listened to the song named on the Mosaic set yet, if I did I no doubt would have recognized it's NOT the same song as what I thought was Just A Song Twilight, I just found the song you correctly named as the one I found so interesting, it is indeed "Love's Old Sweet Song" and even better news it's available on CD with the added orchestration version from the late '70's.  I did a quick search for the song in my computer Media Player and YES I already have it on playlist in it's orchestra augmented form.  Thank you so much for setting the record straight.

20/1/2019 8:58 pm  #5

On what CD did you hear "My Kinda Love" David?   I hope I remembered your first name.

20/1/2019 10:56 pm  #6

Archiefit wrote:

On what CD did you hear "My Kinda Love" David?   I hope I remembered your first name.

Yeah it's still Dave but you can call me anything. I actually downloaded it for my IPOD. I'll see if I can find where it came from. It seems different than the commercial recording. I'll do some digging.

20/1/2019 10:59 pm  #7

Archiefit wrote:

Actually the version I re-discovered and liked was the 1929 version and not the version with the Dorseys in 1932. So it is not a rare track or anything. Sorry! I was so used to the 1932 version, I didn't even remember the 1929 recording.

20/1/2019 11:39 pm  #8

Bing sang My Kinda Love in 1929?  Wow, never would have thunk it.  I thought this was a more modern song.  Personally, I like Bing's '40's and '50's style of singing better anyway.

21/1/2019 12:01 am  #9

Archiefit wrote:

Bing sang My Kinda Love in 1929?  Wow, never would have thunk it.  I thought this was a more modern song.  Personally, I like Bing's '40's and '50's style of singing better anyway.

Im with you but there are some records that Bing did in the 1930s that I absolutely love. It depends on my mood.

Last edited by Lobosco (21/1/2019 12:02 am)

Board footera