29/5/2017 6:10 pm  #1

The Chronological Bing Crosby Series from Jonzo - Complete Set

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this will be of any interest but I am selling the complete set of The Chronological Bing Crosby released on CD through Jonzo Records, volumes 1 to 51.

I am selling them through ebay for ease so I have pasted the link in below if you are at all interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322535281261?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Very best,

Rhian

21/6/2017 4:49 am  #2

Re: The Chronological Bing Crosby Series from Jonzo - Complete Set

Had an email from a friend today saying the following.
"VIP Music Merchant, 61B The Whittle Estate, Cambridge Road, Whetstone, Leicesterhire LE8 6LH, UK  (e-mail:mm@vip-24.com) is advertising 31 of the 51 cd set on eBay.  The cost is GDP2.99 each.  The mailing cost to the USA is GDP4.00; I don't know what it would be locally.  Perhaps some of the members would appreciate knowing this, in case they need any of them."

27/6/2017 10:10 pm  #3

Quite a good price for Rhian's set, £92 for the lot. I bought one of the volumes from VIP Music. It's unfortunate that they don't have the other twenty - presumably sold out? I'm interested in one they don't have for sale.

09/10/2017 12:37 pm  #4

That is really sad. Now I've collected nearly Bing whole recordings betwenn 1950 and 1977 - and after hearing 'em for some years, I need those Jonzos to complete my collection.

By now I like his later voice a lot more than those very early recordings, but his catalogue from the forties is great, of course.

I got some Jonzos (32-39 I think), but the COMPLETE collection for some 100 pounds - man, that was a wonderful opportunity!

:-(

11/10/2017 9:53 am  #5

Yeah, VIP-music still has some volumes in stock, but unfortunately thers's no chance to buy the volumes 40-51.

And I'm searching on ebay for a long while.....

11/10/2017 4:07 pm  #6

There was an American seller recently on ebay. You had to search through international sellers. He had a number of volumes selling individually for quite some time ( but not a complete set), although his postage charge was astronomical.

Worth a search.

18/12/2018 3:56 pm  #7

I have Jonzo Nos #12 - 14 - 15 - 17 - 18 -19 and 38 available for £2 each plus postage. They came from a deceased member of the ICC and the funds will go to the club.

Also I have the four discs from the "Bing - His Legendary Years" set. The box and the booklet are missing unfortunately, £5 the lot plus postage. Again, funds will go to the ICC.

01/1/2019 3:32 pm  #8

Malcolm Macfarlane wrote:

I have Jonzo Nos #12 - 14 - 15 - 17 - 18 -19 and 38 available for £2 each plus postage. They came from a deceased member of the ICC and the funds will go to the club.

Also I have the four discs from the "Bing - His Legendary Years" set. The box and the booklet are missing unfortunately, £5 the lot plus postage. Again, funds will go to the ICC.

I sent you a private message Malcolm.  Interested.

02/1/2019 6:53 am  #9

Jack, The Legendary Years discs are very worth while too. See https://www.amazon.co.uk/His-Legendary-Years-1931-57/dp/B000002OPK

Last edited by Malcolm Macfarlane (02/1/2019 7:50 am)

02/1/2019 10:15 am  #10

Malcolm Macfarlane wrote:

Jack, The Legendary Years discs are very worth while too. See https://www.amazon.co.uk/His-Legendary-Years-1931-57/dp/B000002OPK

Thank you for that recommendation Malcolm.  I have this set on my list to buy.  Much appreciated.

05/1/2019 1:49 am  #11

Very true... but how can I pass up an impressive Bing Box set?

26/12/2020 5:02 pm  #12

It has been a while on this message board, but all is well, and I continue to enjoy as much Bing Crosby as I can.  Any current leads on available Jonzo music sets?  Thanks.  I perused eBay, but did not find much that I do not already have.

26/12/2020 8:46 pm  #13

It does seem to be very difficult to collect a complete set of Chronological Crosbys.

Should have bought them all when they were in print, but I was low on funds at the time.  Managed to pick up 28 of them at a discount price on ebay and hoped to fill in the gaps as the others came on sale.

But years later, the same 28 volumes continue to be readily available, while the gaps continue to be difficult to fill.
Seems like volumes 1-10, 12-21 and 32-39 are often listed on ebay.
But volume 11 is as rare as hen's teeth, 22-31 are extremely scarce and 40-51 are infrequently available.

It makes one wonder if every volume was pressed in the same quantity.  Or if perhaps more copies were made of the frequently-available volumes but fewer copies of the rare ones? 

27/12/2020 12:23 am  #14

I concur platnip!  It seems that I always see the same Jonzo CDs on eBay.

06/5/2021 3:58 am  #15

I used to have the entire set (50 volumes or so) in digital format in my old computer, and unfortunately, it crashed years ago. I’ve been desperately searching for someone who has the complete set in digital format. I would be grateful and send one a donation or payment. I appreciate any information.

I also have The Silver Screen Collection 24 DVD box set that I will also throw in for free.

Last edited by Gary Rise (06/5/2021 4:04 am)

"Would you like to swing on a star, carry moonbeams home in a jar and be better off than you are..."

06/5/2021 11:59 pm  #16

I know you are looking for the entire set, but if you’d like the three volumes I have in file form just let me know.

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

Board footera