23/11/2018 7:59 am  #2

Re: Bing back in the charts

I'm afraid I'm slightly lost in the technicalities of the way Billboard compile their charts these days, as  " -the overall unit figure combines pure album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA)." leaves me scratching my head.

Suffice it to say that the key result so far as we are concerned winds up as "Bing Crosby’s The Best of Bing Crosby - 20th Century Masters: The Christmas Collection (No. 199 with 5,000 units; up 48 percent)".

I wonder how many of these "units" translates to actual old-fashioned sales.

29/11/2018 2:57 pm  #3

Re: Bing back in the charts

Interesting. Looking at the Billboard Charts today, I noticed Bing has 6 records in the 'Holiday 100' - with 'Mele Kalikimaka' at no. 87. Who would have thought to see that one in the charts in 2018? Not me, anyway!

There's also a 'Digital song sales' chart, which has two of Bing's recordings in the top-50. 'White Christmas' may come as no suprise, but then again there's 'Mele Kalikimaka', at no. 48.

Billboard's 'Holiday Albums' chart has 2 of Bing's album in the top-50, with the one pictured above on no. 13.

There are also 3 of Bing's songs in the 'Holiday streaming songs' chart, and 2 in the 'Holiday Airplay' chart.

It's funny to see that not all of these charts refer to 'sales' in one form or another. It's a pity there's no explanation about how these charts come about. It is nice to see Bing pop up, but I have no clue to why. As it is, these charts could just as well be one person's favourite listing.

Board footera