12/7/2018 12:18 pm  #1

Holiday Inn In Color

I rewatched the colorized version of Holiday Inn this past weekend, and it is remarkable how great the movie looks in color. Why has colorization kind of disappeared now. You don't hear or see many old movies/tv shows being colorized these days. This is a question for old friend Lee.

Where is he?

Last edited by Lobosco (12/7/2018 12:22 pm)

Which Bing Film Would You Like To See Released on DVD?

12/7/2018 5:41 pm  #2

Re: Holiday Inn In Color

Some films just would not be the same shown in colour.
All those gangster films and the direction and filming are really good in B & W - cleverly used shadows and light etc.

12/7/2018 8:42 pm  #3

I think that HI is one of the better conversions to colour. Not so gaudiest as so conversions. It is a lighter colour. Some are really too bright and unreal.

14/7/2018 6:10 pm  #4

Hi Lee!

What movies do you feel would benefit from color? Do you think it is too expensive for the companies now to colorize the old movies? (Since DVD sales are flat these days)

Of Bing's movies I would love to see The Star Maker colorized and what is an Irish movie like Top O The Morning without being able to see the green!

16/7/2018 2:04 am  #5

Here Comes the Groom is a splendid movie, even in black-and;white but, yes, it would be even better in colour.

16/7/2018 2:44 pm  #6

I haven't seen a new classic movie colorized since Holiday Inn. Is there a market these days for that?

Board footera