12/10/2013 7:38 pm  #1

East Side of Heaven

Everytime I listen to this song I think of the Billy Joel song New York State of Mind. Some parts of NYSOM sound like ESOH.Also both songs are about New York. Maybe Billy was listening to ESOH when he wrote NYSOM.

Peace and Love! 

13/12/2013 5:08 am  #2

Re: East Side of Heaven

Carmela, I Love That Movie And The Song.Have You Seen If I Had My way? Also Love Double Or Nothing and WaikiKi Wedding.I Especially Love Here Come The Waves With Him Singing That Old Black Magic....I Swooon!

Windy

14/12/2013 1:11 am  #3

windyd, I love the way Bing sings THAT OLD BLACK MAGIC-Swooooon! I love the early movies!

Peace and Love! 

20/12/2013 2:13 pm  #4

Carmela, I Love Old IMovieS Too.I Watch TCM All The Time.Clark Gable Is My Second Favorite Actor.I Love Gone With The Wind. And Bing was Such AGreat Actor.The Man Could Sing Like No otherHe Had Such Style And Charisma Good Looks.HeWas The Greatest Ever!TCM Should Should Have Bing As The Star Of The Month.BTW Speaking Of Swoooning, Have You Ever Heard Him Sing In Spanish?...Wow! I Recommend El Bingo Veijo.
Im Crazy About Bing In Case U HaVeNt NoticeD Yet lol

22/12/2013 4:35 am  #5

windyd, Bing could sing any language and anything and make one Swooon! Even when he spoke he had Swoon Power!

Peace and Love! 

26/3/2018 10:17 pm  #6

Just reading a book called 'Shutter Island' written by Dennis Lehane.
Start of chapter 6.
Dolores, karats of anger in her eyes, Bing Crosby crooning 'East Side of Heaven' from somewhere in the apartment........'

26/3/2018 10:25 pm  #7

Four pages on - ..'I held her as Bing Crosby crooned from the kitchen radio .....'

Board footera