22/11/2017 9:16 pm  #26

Re: Well, Bust my buttons.... UMe is releasing "new" stuff on CD!!!!

I think I'm going to end up buying them but I there are a few other albums I wish were going on CD instead!

22/11/2017 9:21 pm  #27

Ron1972 wrote:

I think I'm going to end up buying them but I there are a few other albums I wish were going on CD instead!

We ALL do! Let's hope these are not the last.

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

26/11/2017 6:23 am  #28

Ron1972 wrote:

So this is great news but at the same time DARN!

I have really expanded my Crosby collection from a couple of albums to maybe a couple of dozen over the last 12 months! One of the albums I bought were a Twofer on CD of this New Tricks and Fine Old Chestnuts... and now I wonder if I'll need to buy both again

For the cost of 3-4 coffees from Starbucks, buy it anyways and support the cause.     

08/12/2017 8:07 am  #29

No suprise....no UK release.....purchased through Amazon third party again....might get in time for Christmas!!!

Amazon are selling via prime as long as your happy to pay £25 & £15 for each set. Managed to get both for £21

The waits worse than waiting for Christmas

08/12/2017 11:13 am  #30

Kevin wrote:

....purchased through Amazon third party again....might get in time for Christmas!!!

Me too. Much cheaper than Amazon themselves - and they were quicker off the mark in taking orders. But delivery could be three weeks (or more).

08/12/2017 6:21 pm  #31

My CDs arrived today from Amazon. I know what I'll be listening to this weekend...

Zane Johnson

09/12/2017 4:51 pm  #32

Bing just arrived at my doorstep this early Saturday morning! Both look gorgeous in production and visual content. I am immersed in Christmas music now so I shall add these to my Christmas gifts and enjoy after the turn of the New Year. 

Initial reports from around the web so far (though sparse) are all VERY positive as to the music!

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

10/12/2017 7:37 pm  #33

paulmock wrote:

I am immersed in Christmas music now so I shall add these to my Christmas gifts and enjoy after the turn of the New Year. 

How can you possibly wait until the new year to listen them!!!

I mean to have then sitting there and not play????

Your just mocking (no pun intended) us Brits that are having to wait, eh Paul.

10/12/2017 8:06 pm  #34

Kevin,

Quite easily! I have a ton of Christmas music that I only play for a few weeks each year and now is the time to enjoy it. (I shall take a day out on Tuesday however to celebrate the 102nd anniversary of Mr. S's birth.) 

And, after all, I have waited all these years to hear the "new" music on these CD's, so what's a couple of more weeks? I will enjoy them along with  a bunch of audiophile LP's I gifted myself with for my birthday & Christmas this year. 2018 will begin QUITE filled with "new" music.

BTW, by pre-ordering the CD's on Amazon, I saved enough money on the purchase price that by the time they shipped, I basically got "New Tricks" for free! (NOT meant to rub in anything to my European friends...just passing it along.)  The list price on Amazon on shipping day was just hair under $10.00 more than when I preordered 10/13.

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

12/12/2017 2:43 am  #35

The packaging is very good, as Paul states.

The sound quality is very good thus far on "Among My Souvenirs", even on the very early recordings (I'm on disc one currently).

Zane Johnson

18/12/2017 4:11 pm  #36

New Tricks turned up today!!!! The original album is like an old familiar hound and the bonus tracks are fabulous. Christmas did come early..... hopefully Among My Souvenirs turn up tomorrow.

Couple of things though!!!!

1) Where does this track list of the original album order come from??? All previous editions I have start with When I Take My Sugar To Tea and ends with Alabamy Bound.
2) At the very end of More Than You Know there appears to be a slight warble in the tape, noticeable in Bings voice and organ. It not present on my origional MCA CD version (the Mosaic box set must be a edit as its 2 minutes shorter). Tape degradation?? Assume its on everybody's copy and not just my pressing?

19/12/2017 9:09 am  #37

Doesn't spoil the album thankfully...only a couple of seconds at the end of the track. I always try and give my first listen to Bing albums with headphones on....so undoubtedly you pick up things you wouldn't normally catch.

Other than that the set is fabulous. Always loved Gigi, however don't think I have heard All The Time or Allegheny Moon before and they are the standouts currently.

On the origional album it was always great to see Bing pay homage to Al Jolson on a couple of tracks. The Bing Crosby meets Al Jolson Sepia set if probably one of my favourite albums of all time given my love of Jolson also.

19/12/2017 11:11 am  #38

Kevin wrote:

1) Where does this track list of the original album order come from??? All previous editions I have start with When I Take My Sugar To Tea and ends with Alabamy Bound.
2) At the very end of More Than You Know there appears to be a slight warble in the tape, noticeable in Bings voice and organ. It not present on my origional MCA CD version (the Mosaic box set must be a edit as its 2 minutes shorter). Tape degradation?? Assume its on everybody's copy and not just my pressing?

Yes,  the playing order of Alabamy Bound has been moved from the original but in my opinion a very minor detail, and yes there is a distinct wobble at the end of More Than You Know which could disturb those who are sensitive to such things. It might pass others by, and it is right at the end of the whole CD. Very odd, as there must be satisfactory versions from which to copy. For the rest I can only welcome this and Among My Souvenirs  which I have yet to fully absorb.

One extra comment. The moulded hubs in the sleeves hold all three CDs in place very firmly and I find it quite difficult to remove them. They seem to me to be at risk from damage unless removed with more than usual care. The fact that all three of my CDs are effected in this way seems to show some consistency.  

An oddity in the purchase / delivery arrangements. I bought from an Amazon "partner". Delivery from Canada was via Germany and arrived with a large yellow sticker which states "Goods do not meet the requirement of Article 9 and 10 of the Contract for the foundation of the European Community". No further explanation is given. 

19/12/2017 3:54 pm  #39

Richard

My Among The Souvenirs arrived today and the hubs you mentioned were completely broken when I opened the packaging and all the little plastic bits fell to the floor as did the CDs.

I have had to notify the seller.

That said I am loving this set..... possibly more so than the So Rare set. Some wonderful performances. And whist Diana Ross and the Supremes are no Andrew Sisters, it makes for a very enjoyable, if not surprising collaboration.

Super sets ....both already transferred to the Ipod and the car.

Board footera