13/10/2017 4:05 pm  #1

Well, Bust my buttons.... UMe is releasing "new" stuff on CD!!!!

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

13/10/2017 4:44 pm  #2

Re: Well, Bust my buttons.... UMe is releasing "new" stuff on CD!!!!

Were you just teasing us before Paul??? Or purposely lowering our expectations to make the news sound even better???

Brilliant news for both releases.

13/10/2017 4:51 pm  #3

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! The word from people within the Sinatra UMe projects (which have suddenly stopped) was that Bing was not selling and that all future projects were suspended. Obviously that is not the case and I apologize for the incorrect information. No one is happier than me that these new CD's are coming soon.

It also gives me hope that UMe is going to remain active with releasing future Sinatra product.

This takes a tad of the sadness and melancholy out if this weekend's anniversary remembrances.   

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

13/10/2017 5:51 pm  #4

Although I have them already, Im loving the reissue of the classic albums with additional material so New Tricks is a welcome sight ( and who doesn't love that cover?).

Does make you wonder which album they will reissue next if this is a commitment to continuing.....start speculating now!!

It will be interesting to get a bit more detail for the The Among My Souvenirs collection. Dates, sources etc

Of course this is very simple but as a community, if we want these releases to continue, we must purchase.

13/10/2017 7:11 pm  #5

I am dumbfounded. I really thought the CD releases were over. I'm very happy that this is not the case. I am also curious on the sources for the tracks on the "...Souvenirs..." collection.

Kevin is right, we have to buy these if we want to see them continue!

Zane Johnson

13/10/2017 8:18 pm  #6

This is fantastic news...

As Kevin says, the "Among My Souvenirs" release will probably be the more interesting of the two, but it's great to see "New Tricks" getting the full "DeLuxe" treatment.

As for speculation about any possible future releases, the press "blurb" seems to make it clear that there won't be any more 50s material, so hopefully they might look to plugging a couple of gaps in the "Official CD Release" list from later in Bing's career - "Hey Jude, Hey Bing", "Bingo Viejo" and - a particular favourite of mine - "Bing 'n' Basie", with a remastered verion of, "If I Had a Hammer".

In any event, the up-coming releases are very welcome, and a fitting way to mark the 40th anniversary of Bing's passing.

Sincere thanks to all concerned.

13/10/2017 10:36 pm  #7

Well the wait has been too long but the promise from these two looks great. 
We can only hope that the interest from the wider public results in sufficient sales to demonstrate that further issues may be justified and allay the sort of fears that Paul Mock was voicing.

14/10/2017 2:27 am  #8

Here are the track details for New Tricks:

New Tricks: 60th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
(Original album, remastered)
1. Alabamy Bound
2. When I Take My Sugar to Tea
3. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
4. Georgia on My Mind
5. I'm Confessin' (That I Love You)
6. If I Could Be With You
7. Avalon
8. Chinatown, My Chinatown
9. You're Driving Me Crazy
10. On the Alamo
11. Chicago
12. Softly, as in a Morning Sunrise
Bonus Content:
13. Rain
14. Church Bells
15. I'll Remember Today
16. My How the Time Goes By
17. Chee Chee-oo Chee (Sang the Little Bird)
18. Surprise
19. All the Time
20. Gigi
21. Tammy
22. Big D (with Lindsay Crosby) Take 2
23. Allegheny Moon (with Lindsay Crosby)
24. More Than You Know

14/10/2017 2:28 am  #9

Here are the track details for Among My Souvenirs:

Among My Souvenirs: More Treasures from the Crosby Archive
Disc 1:
1. Please
2. I'm Getting Sentimental Over You
3. The Day You Came Along
4. Bing & Jack Oakie at Paramount
5. Boo Boo Boo
6. Roll Along Prairie Moon
7. I've Been Floating Down the Old Green River
8. Hello Hawaii
9. When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
10. You Forgot Your Gloves
11. A Horse That Knows the Way Back Home
12. She Is the Sunshine of Virginia
13. What Do You Do in the Infantry?
14. Good Morning Mr. Zip Zip Zip
15. I've Told Every Little Star
16. Oh, But I Do
17. Minute Maid Radio Jingle (Extended Version)
18. Alabamy Bound (with Lindsay Crosby)
Disc 2:
1. Be My Life's Companion
2. Undecided
3. Please Mr. Sun
4. Moonlight and Roses (with Bob Crosby)
5. Tell Me Why
6. Dream a Little Dream of Me
7. Eternally
8. True Love (Live at Fall River)
9. In a Little Spanish Town (Live at Fall River)
10. I'm Confessin' (That I Love You) (Live at Fall River)
11. Big D (with Lindsay Crosby) Take 1
12. Old Cape Cod
13. The NATO Song
14. Among My Souvenirs
15. I Left My Heart in San Francisco
16. Paint Your Wagon Medley: I'm on My Way/I Talk to the Trees/I Still See Elissa/They Call the Wind Maria (with Diana Ross and the Supremes)
17. Send in the Clowns (Live at Concord Pavilion)

Here is the link:
http://bingfan03.blogspot.com/2017/10/attention-new-bing-releases.html

14/10/2017 6:40 am  #10

Archiefit wrote:

But can anyone tell me what is UMe???  

Now with the rather odd announcement that this is last '50's release, does this mean we won't see the release of a disc I've been waiting eons for, "Holiday In Europe"?  Though, maybe this was an early '60's album 

UMe stands for Universal Music Enterprises, within Universal Music Group and yes, "Holiday In Europe" does fall into the 1960s. 
I too was a little perplexed about the the 50s reference. I can only assume that they imply that there is nothing left in the stockpile that is considered commercially exploitable, even though there is some untapped radio material from the Chesterfield and GE shows. 

14/10/2017 8:49 am  #11

Absolutely wonderful news!

It would be interesting to learn more about those concert recordings from 1956 on the Among my Souvenirs set. Maybe a future album with live performances could be feasible ... Wishful thinking ...

14/10/2017 8:59 am  #12

I was hoping for at least a Deluxe Edition of Bing: A Musical Anthology before they abandoned the 50's. I have it numerous times but a new edition would sit well on the shelf amongst the other new additions.

But as the 50's studio output was covered so recently in the Through The Years series, maybe they are thinking better to reissue less available material for better sales, and therefore the 60's is the place to tap.

Of course speculation is fine but going by recent release schedules for these releases we do potentially have another 14 months to wait on any future output beyond the current two.

14/10/2017 10:03 am  #13

I suppose it might be a rights issue. The four 50s albums re-released by BCE were all Decca releases. Although the Musical Autobiography and "White Christmas" albums were also Decca, Bing's remaining album output in the 50s was shared between Verve, Capitol and RCA.
Just a thought...

15/10/2017 11:08 am  #14

Both are now ready for pre-order on amazon.com. No sign on UK counterpart yet. Hopefully they get a UK release. Fairly certain last time I had to buy via a US seller and finally recieved them in  the January.

15/10/2017 11:09 am  #15

Great cover for Among My Souvenirs!!

15/10/2017 1:27 pm  #16

Archiefit wrote:

Now with the rather odd announcement that this is last '50's release, does this mean we won't see the release of a disc I've been waiting eons for, "Holiday In Europe"?  Though, maybe this was an early '60's album, it's still one that is LONG overdue for a CD release and a lot more needed than yet more extremely old radio recordings of Bing as are in the new Souvenirs release.  I'd much rather buy Holiday.. than many of the poorly chosen cuts on the Souvenirs release. 

ALSO, WHEN will the Crosby company EVER release more Christmas Bing TV specials or even non-Christmas Bing TV specials??   If they are incapable of imagining what they can possiby release, let me help out.  How about the complete collection of Bing's TV sitcom????  A one season show that would easily fit in a single DVD case.   It's been more than 10 years since they've released ANY DVDs of Bing TV shows, so many Bing TV specials, so much to choose from, and SO MANY that have NOT been released yet, it's a crime.   Why is this all bottled up in vaults and not released to people who are still alive to buy it???? 

"Holiday In Europe" was released in 1961, so I assume there's still hope for that one to get the Deluxe treatment (assuming these new releases sell well enough for Ume to warrant it).

As far as why BCE have not released more of Bing's TV specials or even his TV sitcom, the only reason I can think of are music clearances, which is the primary reason that many more variety shows have not been released commercially, such as the "Dean Martin Show" and the recent "Jackie Gleason" show, released in truncated versions. Even the recent "Tonight Show: From the Vault" series had certain music sequences removed due to music rights clearances. It seems that either disc trading or YouTube is the only way to view these shows, unfortunately.

In better news, I just pre-ordered both discs through Amazon. I'm looking forward to December!

Zane Johnson

20/10/2017 1:57 pm  #17

Amazon Uk now listing these but no current option to pre-order. They are noted as Import though and my recent experience of Amazon with CDs noted as Import is they make them available for sale but recent prices have been £17.22 & £17.54 for single CDs.

The will of course be available at much cheaper price by other sellers as well.

**** Remember folks, ALL Bing releases need to be supported if we wish to see them continued, so don't forget to buy or put on your Santa list.

Last edited by Kevin (20/10/2017 3:04 pm)

23/10/2017 9:30 pm  #18

I think CC and UMe have filled many gaps in our collections - and this pair of releases seems to be another winner.

An official tape-mastered "Autobiography" set would have been nice, but I wonder if UMe even has tapes for this album. If they ever get around to do "Holiday In Europe", they will hopefully fill it up with all the extant alternates - and not with previously available Buddy Cole tracks. This makes the yet-to-be-re-issued list of studio material pretty short - with "Bingo Viejo", "Hey Jude, Hey Bing" and the Longines recordings remaining.

23/10/2017 9:39 pm  #19

Plus, who REALLY knows what precious masters were lost in that huge fire years ago at Universal Studios. No one has ever "come clean" with what was lost.

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

24/10/2017 11:51 am  #20

paulmock wrote:

Plus, who REALLY knows what precious masters were lost in that huge fire years ago at Universal Studios. No one has ever "come clean" with what was lost.

There were rumours, denials, counter rumours and fears ranging from everything lost to nothing lost!
Who knows, and who knows what to believe.
But in Bing's case there are many "clean" copies, if not original masters circulating, so it is possible that his material was at least in part protected from total disaster.

24/10/2017 5:53 pm  #21

How much are the new CD's?

24/10/2017 6:06 pm  #22

Ron Field wrote:

How much are the new CD's?

Amazon.com are quoting $19.98 and $10.98 for pre orders.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_date-desc-rank?keywords=bing+crosby&rh=n%3A5174%2Ck%3Abing+crosby&qid=1508868233&sort=date-desc-rank

24/10/2017 11:01 pm  #23

Thanks

22/11/2017 4:52 pm  #24

So this is great news but at the same time DARN!

I have really expanded my Crosby collection from a couple of albums to maybe a couple of dozen over the last 12 months! One of the albums I bought were a Twofer on CD of this New Tricks and Fine Old Chestnuts... and now I wonder if I'll need to buy both again

22/11/2017 5:20 pm  #25

Ron1972 wrote:

So this is great news but at the same time DARN!

I have really expanded my Crosby collection from a couple of albums to maybe a couple of dozen over the last 12 months! One of the albums I bought were a Twofer on CD of this New Tricks and Fine Old Chestnuts... and now I wonder if I'll need to buy both again

BUY THEM! If they are anything like the previous official releases from the group, they will be in superb sound and have excellent liner notes and annotations.

Last edited by paulmock (22/11/2017 5:21 pm)

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

Board footera