02/7/2017 3:15 am  #1

La Vie En Rose

Today I was listening to La Vie En Rose play in a coffee shop and left and punched it up on YouTube, Bing's version, in English.

I have the French version but can't find what album the English version is on! I was really taken with it and would like to add it to my library. Anybody able to provide the answer?

02/7/2017 9:33 am  #2

Re: La Vie En Rose

I've got the English version on two CDs - Vol. 51 of the Jonzo "Chronological Bing Crosby", which is unfortunately out of print, and the Golden Gate Collection "16 Original World Hits", which also contains the "new" alternate take of "A Gal in Calico".

The Jonzo isn't among the "Chronologicals" currently listed on eBay UK, alas, but the "16 Original World Hits" is here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bing-Crosby-16-original-world-hits-Golden-gate-colle-CD-/291480526689?epid=1208756871&hash=item43dd97df61:g:Jb4AAOSwrklVa9Vw

Although the album cover isn't shown in the listing, this is where I sourced my copy.

Hope this helps...

02/7/2017 1:16 pm  #3

Thanks! Oh the disappointment that the track isn't more easily obtainable! It seems 51 isn't available on eBay in the USA either and 16 World Hits would run me about 20 dollars too much for my infatuation over one song but I will be keeping my eyes out and appreciate your providing some sources!

06/7/2017 1:21 am  #4

I agree! I'm baffled this song is hard to come by and agree that the inclusion on Le Bing would have made a LOT of sense! On the hand I imagine there are LOTS of songs that are equally as difficult to get ahold of on CD or digital download! 

Sadly the estate has a challenge rekindling interest in Bing's work and legacy. It is really sad to think there could be a point in time where Bing's music is lost to the annuals of history. 

06/7/2017 1:48 am  #5

It's a beautiful number.

I just uploaded it:

Let me know if there are any other rare numbers you are looking for!

Last edited by Lobosco (06/7/2017 1:48 am)

Board footera