05/4/2017 6:31 pm  #1

Join Bing & Sing Along

Two days ago I received my copy of Sepia's newest release "Join Bing & Sing Along 101 Gang Songs / On The Happy Side". And though these may not be Bing's most outsanding recordings I couldn't be happier with the 2 CDs which became my constant companions for the last 48 hours. On the one hand I connect happy memories with the "Sing Along" LPs which I listened to a lot while learning during my last 2 school years in the early eighties. On the other hand the bouncy and rhythmic recordings with Bing's wonderful voice simply generate good mood. And on top of it there are 3 nice bonus tracks: "The Music of Home", It's A Good Day" and "Aloha Meens I Love You". Obviously Malcolm Macfarlane was also involved in the process of compiling the CDs as he gets a friendly mention in the attached booklet. And Malcolm just posted on facebook that ICC members should wait for the spring issue of BING to get a discount offer for members. Best wishes from Salzburg / Austria, Thomas

Last edited by Thomas (05/4/2017 8:26 pm)

If I could sing like Bing 

06/4/2017 2:12 pm  #2

Re: Join Bing & Sing Along

Thomas wrote:

Obviously Malcolm Macfarlane was also involved in the process of compiling the CDs as he gets a friendly mention in the attached booklet.

Pretty deeply, because he was responsible for writing the comprehensive notes and pulling much of the issue together. 

Thomas, the "friendly mention" is intended to explain Malcolm's credentials for writing the notes - not that many members of the ICC or subscribers to this board need that explanation, but we hope that purchasers of the CDs will extend far beyond that circle.

06/4/2017 4:32 pm  #3

Re: Join Bing & Sing Along

Thank you very much Richard for clarifying my inaccuracies and for emphasising Malcolm's outstanding contribution!  

If I could sing like Bing 

Board footera