18/3/2017 10:38 am  #1

'Going My Way' Spring branch meeting

The Warrington branch of the International Club Crosby, the 'Going My Way' branch, will hold its spring meeting here on Winwick Park next Saturday 25th March, 1230 - 1730hrs.

The themes this time will be Bing's jazz recordings and Bing in the 70s, which will include reminiscences of Bing's appearance on Dame Vera Lynn's TV show from July 1975 as a celebration of Dame Vera's 100th birthday in March this year.

If you are in or near the North-West region of the UK and would be interested in attending a great afternoon of music & friendship, then please contact me - tel. 07739 596 826 or email jkl@galleryjkl.com

Jason Liddiard

18/3/2017 4:20 pm  #2

Re: 'Going My Way' Spring branch meeting

I'll be there!

19/3/2017 12:26 am  #3

Jace wrote:

The Warrington branch of the International Club Crosby, the 'Going My Way' branch, will hold its spring meeting here on Winwick Park next Saturday 25th March, 1230 - 1730hrs.

Jason Liddiard

Very best wishes for a successful meeting

19/3/2017 3:13 pm  #4

Anne Hopper on her late night, Saturday BBC Radio Cumbria show gave a nice mention for our Spring meeting. If you are interested in listening via catch-up on the BBC Radio iPlayer, the announcement starts around the 45min 30secs mark.

If you've seen our recent branch reports in BING magazine, you will be aware of the meeting format.

The themes for our Spring gathering are Bing's Jazz records & Bing in the 1970s. The order of play will be
as follows:
Welcome!                                                                                            1230h – 1245h

News & Reviews
(Crosby news & what’s happening in radio, TV, books, CDs etc) 1245-1300

Guests’ Jazz Requests                                                                       1300 - 1400
(members choose their favourite recordings)

Bing in the 70s Quiz                                                                           1400 - 1500

*** Refreshment break ***                                                                    1500 - 1515

Album Choice (classic, obscure or favourite Crosby album)        1515 - 1600

Film/TV Show selection                                                                     1600 - 1730

Look out for our branch report, to see the details of each section.

19/3/2017 4:03 pm  #5

Hope all goes well and you all have fun and great listening.
I'll be in the land of Aust.

Board footera