06/12/2016 12:07 am  #1

What Bing Crosby Christmas Recordings Have You Heard?

I have had the radio tuned to Christmas songs since the day after Thanksgiving and although I didn't heard much Bing at first - here is what I have heard so far on the radio...

White Christmas - 1942 version
White Christmas - 1947 version
Santa Claus is Coming To Town (with the Andrews Sisters)
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
I'll Be Home For Christmas
Do You Hear What I Hear

I wish they would play the underrated "Secret Of Christmas" from 1959.

What have you heard?

06/12/2016 3:50 am  #2

Re: What Bing Crosby Christmas Recordings Have You Heard?

I listened to a bit of the Christmas "Season" radio on Music Choice and didn't hear a single Bing song.  Plenty of crap I couldn't stand but no Bing or any decent singer.  Well, needless to say I haven't turned that music cable channel back.   Thank goodness for computers, I have downloaded my many Christmas CDs to my Media Player on the computer and put them those Christmas songs from those many CDs into my "Christmas" Playlist.  Now I hear really great Christmas songs anytime I choose from nothing but great classic singers and that includes my favorite odd or different Christmas CDs from people you'd NEVER hear on radio or anywhere but on your own computer.  Like Arthur Godfrey, Walter Brennan, Red Foley, Ethel Smith!! organ, Jimmy Dean and so many other great un-heard Christmas album artists.  So I hear plenty of Bing (every possible Bing Christmas song at that) and all the usual suspects of great classic singers everytime I play my Christmas music on my computer.  And they're all played "Randomly" so I never know who or what's coming next which makes it just like my own personal radio station.  I love my Christmas selections, not a bad one in the bunch and they're all commercial free.  I'm in Heaven.  Who needs radio today where I spend 99% of the time changing the channel and trying not to be offended with lousy assaults to my ears in the name of music.

07/12/2016 6:10 pm  #3

Re: What Bing Crosby Christmas Recordings Have You Heard?

Forgot to mention the wonderful instrumental Christmas songs also that will pop up from those Christmas CD downloads from artists like Percy Faith, Mantovani, Frank DeVol, Oscar Peterson, Dave Brubeck, Jackie Gleason and others too.  I always like to hear instrumentals mixed in with vocals whether it's my Christmas playlist or my regular music that I listen to the rest of the year.  I love my own radio station, I never have to turn the dial, favorites all the time.

Board footera