06/12/2016 12:07 am  #1

What Bing Crosby Christmas Recordings Have You Heard?

I have had the radio tuned to Christmas songs since the day after Thanksgiving and although I didn't heard much Bing at first - here is what I have heard so far on the radio...

White Christmas - 1942 version
White Christmas - 1947 version
Santa Claus is Coming To Town (with the Andrews Sisters)
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
I'll Be Home For Christmas
Do You Hear What I Hear

I wish they would play the underrated "Secret Of Christmas" from 1959.

What have you heard?

24/3/2020 11:31 pm  #2

Re: What Bing Crosby Christmas Recordings Have You Heard?

I know it's a long while off Christmas, but there were a few main recordings I heard during that time.
White Christmas (1947)
The First Noel (from what I believe to be the 1961 Sing With Bing versions)
Peace On Earth/ Little Drummer Boy
Frosty The Snowman
Let It Snow
I Wish You A Merry Christmas
Snow
Mele Kalikimaka 

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.

25/3/2020 2:03 am  #3

Those are the ones I heard on the radio over December, although I've heard most of his Christmas output. I am in the mood for Christmas right now as Christmas didn't feel Christmasy and i now feel it is the right time for some reason. The Bing-Bowie duet is ok, but it has never been a favorite of mine. 

You could technically call me a beginner listener as I've only listened to his non-Christmas stuff for a little over a year, but I've amassed a lot. His Musical Autobiography, all but 3 of his post-1975 albums, but have listened to a lot of stuff from the ones I don't own. I also have 6 Through the Years CDs, over 30 of his films, and have heard most of his 50s-60s albums. Bing At Christmas is an ok CD, but I mostly prefer the original recordings/other vocal performances from him for most songs in it.

25/3/2020 3:17 am  #4

Sounds like a jerk. The 'collectors' I've dealt with on here have been very kind to me, offering me extra CDs and audio files. 

Board footera