14/11/2015 1:06 pm  #1

BING Magazine

I hope BING stays a magazine. I really don't want to read it online. I know this was suggested as a way to save bucks but there are other solutions. How about just cutting it down to a 40 or 45 page magazine? You can cut out things like "On the Box". I don't know about everyone else but I like the fact that it is a magazine and I can take it everywhere. And I like saving them after I read them. I know some people have printers and would copy it but I and some others don't own a printer.

Peace and Love! 

14/11/2015 11:50 pm  #2

Re: BING Magazine

It will stay as a magazine for the foreseeable future.

15/11/2015 2:49 am  #3

Great news Malcolm!

Peace and Love! 

21/11/2015 1:58 pm  #4

The winter edition of BING magazine is at the printers and should be with members early in December. See http://www.bingmagazine.co.uk/bingmagazine/BING171.htm

22/11/2015 4:54 pm  #5

Malcolm,

Great to know that the new issue of BING Magazine will soon be on its way to members worldwide! It'll be a most welcome early Christmas present! 

Last edited by Anton G.-F. (22/11/2015 4:54 pm)

01/12/2015 1:07 am  #6

Like 48blonde, I'm pleased that BING will remain in a print version and, like Anton G.-F., I will appreciate it as a Christmas present.

14/4/2016 2:16 pm  #7

BING 172 is in the post.

15/4/2016 6:10 pm  #8

19/4/2016 2:32 am  #9

Malcolm, I was sad to read about you and Greg resigning from the magazine. Both of you did an Outstanding job! Thanks so much!!  It's great to know that you will both be involved helping the ones who will take your place. Thanks Malcolm and Greg for your hard work, knowledge and help!!!

Peace and Love! 

19/4/2016 6:05 am  #10

Thanks for your kind words, Carmela. No volunteers for my role yet.

19/4/2016 1:19 pm  #11

48blonde wrote:

Malcolm, I was sad to read about you and Greg resigning from the magazine. Both of you did an Outstanding job! Thanks so much!!  It's great to know that you will both be involved helping the ones who will take your place. Thanks Malcolm and Greg for your hard work, knowledge and help!!!

It is indeed a sorry time. The present team have been in place for some years and it is understandable that they might wish to spend time under less pressure. Whilst they have been in place, building on the work of their predecessors, great things have been achieved. 

“Bing” magazine always contains much that is new and of interest. It is no mean feat to find fresh thoughts and ideas, especially when it is remembered that throughout Bing’s long career and in the nearly 40 years since his death so much has already been written and said. Yet all these years on they have still found items that are fresh and new or they have found and coaxed people who are able to contribute thoughts and ideas from fresh perspectives.

Malcolm and the team have also initiated the issue of  several CDs, two in the past few months, again finding new or unusual material and persuading record companies to issue it, whilst Malcolm has contributed notes to a number of others. 

In other directions there has been tireless activity in publicity through a variety of mediums. 

And remember that the whole team running ICC are amateurs, doing what they do purely because of their enthusiasm, dedicating many waking hours to the task, keeping to publishing deadlines and keeping other contributors up to scratch. Amateur enthusiasts they may be but no one can deny that they have been doing a thoroughly professional job. The magazine is a “professional” production, root and branch in both appearance and content and the CDs are quality productions. We all owe Malcolm and Greg a lot. I hope that those who come after will be able to keep the flag flying and maintain the same high standards. Anton, in his writing on his own blog and on this board, has shown that he has a high level of appreciation of our kind of music, and is able to express his appreciation of it in a highly articulate way. I look forward with great interest to his offerings in future. As yet no replacement has been announced for Malcolm. Whoever the appointee may be has some very large shoes to fill. I look forward with interest and considerable hope.

01/5/2016 4:46 am  #12

Richard, I could not have expressed my sentiments any better than your contribution.

01/5/2016 8:09 am  #13

Sad to hear of the resignations but the thing is these blokes will still be around to assist and help new people ease into the positions over a period of time.
Much better this way than having them fall off the perch and leaving things untold etc.
You know what I mean.
Thank you both gentlemen for your contributions over the years but I'm sure neither one will be silent in the future.
Ron

01/8/2016 5:24 pm  #14

The summer edition of BING magazine is now available.

Board footera