19/2/2014 1:19 pm  #1

A happy hello from Germany

Hello everybody,

at first I must say sorry for some ortographic or grammatical mistakes in the following posting, but - as you can see in the headline - I am from Germany and my English isn't as good as it should be after 8 years in school, but that was more than 25 years ago. I am 42 years old and I'm a big, big fan of a lot of musicians and singers. And I am a "brandnew" fan of Bing's music.

I've collected music (formerly LPs and since 1990 CDs) for many years and tody I've got over 3000 CDs. And btw.  I am a musician and singer too, but only semi-professionel on weekends.

I like Elvis Presley, Dean Martin, Jerry Lee Lewis, Marty Robbins and Fats Domino. They've recorded thousands of Songs and I have nearly all of them. 

But I like Frank Sinatra, Perry Como and Pat Boone, Bobby Darin, Roy Orbison, Engelbert, Nat King Cole and Matt Monro, too. 

And Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Cliff Richard & The Shadows and Chuck Berry. And Ricky Nelson, Johnny Tillotson, Bobby Rydell, Frankie Avalon and Jerry Wallace. 

And Eddy Arnold, Jim Reeves, Roy Rogers, Roger Miller and Johnny Cash.

And lotsa German (and austrian) singers like Peter Alexander, Heino, Freddy Quinn, Hans Albers, Bata Illic, Rex Gildo, Roy Black, Chris Roberts, Gus Backus and some more. 

From Bing I had only some 20 CDs and most of the time I heard his (christmas-)music between November 20th and December 26th. And some other Albums (like "Seasons") in autum, to attune me to the Holiday Season, because Bings voice IS Christmas for me. 

But since last year, Bing wasn't a footnote in my musical taste furthermore, and so I bought more than 50 new CDs from December until today. And I must say, that I love especially the older voice of Bing in the fifties, sixties and seventies. And the sound quality is much better than in the thirties... and perhabs especially THAT was the problem for me. The recording technique became much better since the late fities.

By now I have a lotta music from Bing (some 90% of his official recordings between 1950 and 1977) and I am studying his discography on the great website "jazzdiscography" very often. And slowly I get to know one album after another. And perhabs I'm gonna write my special opinion about them as a new fan and as a musician down here in the forum within the next months.

And perhabs I'm gonna have a few questions to all the people in the forum, too.

And, at last I got one special question: Sind hier auch noch andere deutschsprachige Mitglieder an Bord? :-)

Have a nice day everyone, we'll reed us.

Greetings from Deutschland

Freddy

Last edited by Freddy (19/2/2014 1:20 pm)

19/2/2014 2:32 pm  #2

Re: A happy hello from Germany

Welcome Freddy,

At the rate you are buying Bing's CDs you'll have more than me very soon!

And in reply to your question,
Yes, there are other German speakers on here.
Ja, es gibt andere deutsche Sprecher auf hier.

Come in, Dieter!

19/2/2014 11:31 pm  #3

Welcome aboard. Perhaps you may be able to get to Leeds in October.
As you investigate further into Bing, I think you would enjoy the early Bing - 1931 to at least 1935. A tremendous amount of good quality songs and recordings.
Bingcerely
Ron

04/3/2014 1:01 am  #4

Welcome, Freddy!

Ich bin Amerikaner aber ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch. Ich habe Deutsch an der Universität studiert, aber ich habe zu viel vergessen. Ich höre Jazz-, Blues- und Countrymusik gern und über alles gefällt mir Bing!

What I mean to say is that I also like most of the singers that you mention in your message, but that my favorite kinds of music are jazz (that's what I listen to most of the time), blues, and country. My favorite German singer was actually born in Prussia back in the day, and his name is Horst Winter, who also made a few records under the name of Harry Winter. He was a fantastic vocalist and a marvelous musician who led some truly swinging Tanzorchester in the 1940s. I don't know if you (or anyone else on the forum) have heard of him, but there is a fine CD compilation of his stuff out there entitled Ich Mache Alles mit Musik, which is really recommendable.

Anyway, herzliche wilkommen!!!

Anton G.-F.
Martin, Tenn., USA.

Board footera