02/2/2014 6:11 pm  #1

Super Bowl

With all the hype going on about today's SuperBowl football? game in New Jersey between Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos, my ears pricked up when I heard 'at the Bing Crosby theatre in Spokane'.
They will be screening the game (as are a number of other venues, particularly here in the North West) and suggesting that patrons give at least a $5.00 donation.
Now, if this was only rugby.
Big carry on about the 12th. man. Lots of flags with 12 on them.
The poor 12th man in cricket doesn't get this much attention.
Seahawk's colours are blue and green (I was brought up being told that blue and green should only be seen on a beauty queen).

02/2/2014 9:12 pm  #2

Re: Super Bowl

I am from NY. I'm a huge Steelers fan and Giants fan. I want the Broncos to win. Go Manning!

Peace and Love! 

02/2/2014 10:11 pm  #3

Carmela,
Aren't the Broncos from Denver.
You should be for the Seahawks - Bing's territory.

03/2/2014 2:36 am  #4

If you go to KREM.com and scroll about you may see the article.
Seahawks romping home.

03/2/2014 4:30 am  #5

Wasn't Bing a Los Angeles Rams fan? Anyway, Peyton Manning is Eli's brother[who is the Giants quarterback] and that's why I was rooting for the Broncos. Anyway, Steelers were always my favorite since I was a kid. The Steeler team from the 70's were the best team ever!!! Known fact! And Bing owned a Pittsburg baseball team- the Pirates. There's that Bing connection!

Peace and Love! 

03/2/2014 9:22 am  #6

Ron Field wrote:

If you go to KREM.com and scroll about you may see the article.
Seahawks romping home.

I think this is the site Ron to which Ron refers 
http://www.krem.com/news/Bing-Crosby-Theater-gets-set-for-large-Super-Bowl-viewing-party-243129111.html

03/2/2014 5:45 pm  #7

Carmela,
I'm a Pittsburgh fan - Pirates, Penguins and Steelers.
I first visited there in 1958 as I had a distant cousin removed or something.
And Heinz is also Pittsburgh based along with Mellon. I like Pittsburgh as well.
Oh, poor Broncos. They've gone mad in Seattle.

05/2/2014 12:18 am  #8

Now here's a laugh.
Two TV stations called the Seahawks "World Champions". The teams are all based in the U.S.
They are national champions.
No where near "world" such as cricket, rugby and soccer(football).
They do the same with baseball's World Series.

05/2/2014 1:34 pm  #9

I noticed that here in NY too Ron. I guess they think the world is just the USA.

Peace and Love! 

05/2/2014 2:36 pm  #10

I'm a Pittsburgh boy so I like all of the local teams. I was rooting for the Broncos, but glad Seahawks won. Next to the Steelers, I have always liked the 49ners!

06/2/2014 1:29 am  #11

David, I always loved the Steelers and my ex-boyfriend always loved the 49ers. I felt so bad for Peyton Manning of the Broncos. He had so many Great games. Some people were so mean with their comments saying he should be ashamed and embarrassed. He has nothing to be ashamed of. He made it to the Superbowl and is a Great quarterback. He had a bad day mixed with bad luck. Can't win all the time.

Peace and Love! 

Board footera