02/1/2014 11:02 pm  #1

Open Heart Surgery

In the wee small hours of Friday 29th. November I woke up with a pain in my left arm. Slept and the same thing. Told the family - we were all gathered for Thanksgiving - and they all said "to the hospital". I said when I finish scrambling the eggs and breakfast. With that completed I was taken to Lincoln City Hospital, Oregon.
Tests were carried out and I was transported to the Good Samaritan Medical Centre in Corvallis, Oregon where I was told I'd be having open heart surgery. I had 6 blockages and a quadruple bypass. The hospital is a really terrific place and I'd gladly go the 200 miles to be there.
A week recouping then another at Anita's son's house in Keizer, Oregon.
Came home to Morton 20th. Dec and were advised there had been a water break. It was repaired before we got home.
Anyway, I'm on the mend and hope to make Leeds.
Apparently after the op they were trying to get me to wake up. Someone mentioned Bing Crosby then Bing came on the wireless and I lit up. Good man that Bing.
See the cardiologist on Friday. Happy New Year to all and sorry if I bored the pants off you.

02/1/2014 11:37 pm  #2

Re: Open Heart Surgery

Ron, 

My sympathies, and I hope that your recovery continues. As one who has had something similar I know something of what it all entails.

Very Best wishes.

03/1/2014 2:21 am  #3

Ron, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

03/1/2014 5:00 am  #4

Ron, Get Well Soon.Im Keeping You In My Prayers.

Windy

04/1/2014 1:42 pm  #5

Hi Ron

Very concerned to read this unwelcome piece of news...

Take good care of yourself and get well soon.

Very best wishes to both you and Anita

Jeremy

04/1/2014 6:56 pm  #6

Thanks for the wishes.
Saw the cardiologist on Friday and he is pleased with my progress, as I am.
I have to go back 20th. January for an "echo" check up.
Once again thanks. Could make a film "Road to Recovery"

04/1/2014 7:21 pm  #7

Ron, My dad and I were in and out of hospital all year. I hope and pray 2014 is a better and healthier year for all. Glad you are feeling better Ron!! I remember in 2003 when I had thyroid surgery. I couldn't sleep and felt sick. Bing came on the TV in "The Bells of St. Mary's" and I felt much better.

Peace and Love! 

08/1/2014 4:05 am  #8

Ron, I'm sorry to learn of your problem but pleased that you've had a good report. Best wishes for a successful recovery and a happy 2014 to you and Anita. Cheers from 'Down Under'.

08/1/2014 12:11 pm  #9

I wish you all the best, and am praying for your recovery.

My golf is woeful but I will never surrender - Bing Crosby 

26/1/2015 12:47 am  #10

Today I had a little bit of a giddy turn and Anita insisted that I go to emergency. Back from there at home and need to pop another type of pill.
I mentioned above how I came out of open heart surgery and thanks to our Bing.
On coming home I turned on my mini iPad and a message on the screen from Pandora - slide now and heart Bing Crosby.
I couldn't believe it. So, of course I did slide and heard Bing.
Strange things happen at times. That gave me a boost.

26/1/2015 7:34 am  #11

Recover quickly, Ron. Thoughts with you.

26/1/2015 12:02 pm  #12

Ron, Hope you are feeling better. Last night my brother rushed to hospital after work, he didn't feel well. They said he had a massave heart attack. We can't go see him because of the weather, very bad Blizzard coming with record breaking snow. I lost my dad March of last year and don't want to lose my brother now. I spoke to him last night, he said he feels fine. I know they put a stent in him. I blame him. He was suppose to take cholesterol pills and refused to take them. Anyway, I pray he will be alright. Ron, I'll pray for you too!

Peace and Love! 

26/1/2015 6:38 pm  #13

Thank you for your kind wishes and prayers.
All seems to be well again so just a hiccup from the body. Best wishes to you Carmela and your brother. A little Bing could help too.

26/1/2015 7:24 pm  #14

Ron, I feel badly that I am just seeing this now. Just not paying close attentionj I guess...

Please add my warm wishes for a speedy recovery to the long list of your friends here @ CFW.

All the best,
Paul M. Mock

30/1/2015 7:18 pm  #15

Ron,

Just following up to see how you are doing?

Zane Johnson

31/1/2015 5:13 pm  #16

Zane,
Thanks for your thoughts. Coming along okay and now off the Warfin and Metformin. Don't rattle as much now with the smaller amount of medication that I take.
Hope Richard is feeling better too as he has been having some problems.

22/4/2015 12:46 am  #17

Amazing how our man pops up.
I travelled down from Sydney to Bermagui last Thursday 16/4/15. My mate was meeting me at the bus stop. He had the wireless on the ABC and he said they were playing a Bing record and he looked across and saw my bus coming into town.
Bing was probably sending him a message.
Strange things happen at times.
I fly back to USA 22nd May.

Board footera