28/11/2013 7:33 am  #1

Picture panels from Crosby ranch for sale

Some panels from Bing's ranch are being offered on eBay. The link here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190984347429

A couple of pictures  -

I have had an email from the vendor explaining the background. He says -

"Dear Mr. Baker;

Let me introduce myself, My name is Stephen Rutledge, and my wife, Karen and I found ourselfs in 2011, with a room full of Bing Crosbys household items from his ranch house in Elkhorn Nevada.

How we came to that point is as follows;

In the 1940's's, Mr Bing Crosby owned a Large Cattle Ranch in Elkhorn ,Nevada. He purchased the ranch to create a place for his boys to grow up, far from Hollywood.
As his boys grew up, and left home, he decided to sell the ranch , and in 1958 he sold it to a man from Modesto CA, a Mr. Edward Johnson. When Bing sold the ranch, the household items in Bing’s ranch house were sold with it.  Mr. Johnson sold the ranch 3 years later, and brought all of Bing’s personal items back to Modesto, and placed them in separate storage. 

When Mr. & Mrs Johnson passed away a family member of mine, was the Executor of the Estate, and he asked us to sell the items. 

We hired Heritage Auctions of Beverly Hills, CA. to confirm the provenance, as they are the leading auction house for entertainment and celebrity memorabilia.  They conducted the auction in Feb 2011. Here is the  link from that auction,  and you can see the other Bing items we sold.   

WE HELD ON TO THESE PANELS, AND DID NOT OFFER THEM UP FOR AUCTION. These panels were originally on the wall in the Crosby Boy's bedroom. Two of the Three panels are 4' x 8' and the third is 4' X 4'

It appears that Bing used family pictures and created a Collage of them, which were printed up and pasted to these panels.

There are hundreds of Bing Family Pictures, covering his family, his golf, hunting, and Fishing, as Horse Racing events.

There is no tears, or damage visible on the panels, other than they have a sepia toning, which is more pronounced on the smaller of the Three.

The Purchaser will receive a complete Provenance and chain of ownership regarding these very Rare and Authentic Items."

Board footera